• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

andmark

International Captain
I get what you're saying, but this is "ends justifies the means" logic, and it's a bit dodgy to rely on it here. There's no denying that in this whole thing Shawn and Vince behaved like ****s. Bret's behaviour was hardly that of a patron saint, but that shouldn't be used as a basis for implicitly excusing the poor behaviour of all the others involved.
But the whole thing of "Vince screwed Bret" is so exaggerated.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just read a sick news piece on a shoot fight in-ring in a wrestling promotion called Stardom in Japan. One of the wrestlers, Yoshiko, literally smashed her opponent, Yasuka's face in... she had had eye surgery done a few months back and Yoshiko intentionally targeted her eye and left her with her face broken in 6 places, including her orbital. Doctors saying she's blind in her right eye now.

The article had some photos too, but think they're way too graphic to be posted here... check it out, it's sick stuff. Hope that psycho gets jailed.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just read a sick news piece on a shoot fight in-ring in a wrestling promotion called Stardom in Japan. One of the wrestlers, Yoshiko, literally smashed her opponent, Yasuka's face in... she had had eye surgery done a few months back and Yoshiko intentionally targeted her eye and left her with her face broken in 6 places, including her orbital. Doctors saying she's blind in her right eye now.

The article had some photos too, but think they're way too graphic to be posted here... check it out, it's sick stuff. Hope that psycho gets jailed.
I'm watching the video of the incident. It's one of the most disturbing things I've seen in a ring. She destroyed her face and actually smiled at the end when she saw the damage she'd caused. Downright disgusting.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Cena to beat Rusev at Wrestlemania after losing last night?
Yeah, he will win clean after Rusev wasnt allowed to win clean last night. A typical heel move to win but that doesnt work against Cena as half the crowd dont like him anyway. Kicking Cena in the balls isnt going to draw heat.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Marked out twice just then. First time when Wyatt came out of the casket and the second when Cena passed out. Made me forget the cringe that was Triple H. Seriously, a decade later and they're still trying to bury WCW. Loving how Hunter tried to take the credit for it.
Sorry dude but this is way off. HHH is a heel, and despite rarely wrestling he's one of the top heels in the company. Of course he's going to take credit for **** and try and downplay Sting. I don't buy that as a burial at all. Especially given HHH looked pretty stupid and predictable with sting getting the better of him.

Anyway. Thought it was a decent show. All of the matches were okay (divas apart which was turd) but until the last two none of them were memorable.

I thought Cena and Rusev was a good match. Low blow barely constitutes a dirty loss, it's like grabbing the tights or something IMO, anyway of course I think cena gets the win back, and the belt, at Mania but it was good.

Bryan-Reigns was great but I wasn't ready for it to end. It did exactly what I guess we all expected, Bryan put Reigns over well. I'd love to have seen Bryan V Brock but am a lot more excited about Reigns V Brock after watching that performance. Just wonder where Bryan goes from here.

Not a show I'm ever likely to watch again but a decent one nonetheless

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Am I the only one who doesn't rate Wyatt. Not interested in him facing Taker, find his mic skills average and the whole segment of him coming out in the casket beyond predictable

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As for Montreal. Vince 100% had to do what he did. The chain of events leading to him letting Bret go, backstage shizzle with Shawn, all that was pretty bad **** but the screw job itself was absolutely what should have happened. If your promoter tells you to lose, get on your ****ing back and look at the lights

cover drive man

International Captain
Am I the only one who doesn't rate Wyatt. Not interested in him facing Taker, find his mic skills average and the whole segment of him coming out in the casket beyond predictable
Seems to rely on his promos, his ppv singles matches almost always rely on non-wrestling spots at the end. Eventually they'll run out of ideas for cool finishes and see how bland his in-ring stuff is. I'd love him if he could learn a few holds and keep a match together for more than ten minutes.

cover drive man

International Captain
I've often wondered whether Montreal was a work all along. I know it sounds a bit tin-hat conspiracy stuff but in the long run they all got over in one way or another from it. Bret gets his high horse, the asshole McMahon gimmick took off and Michaels got hated enough to really put Austin over. Then a decade later they get some decent tv when they patch it up. Plus I imagine they've made a ****load of cash with books DVDs etc surrounding it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've often wondered whether Montreal was a work all along. I know it sounds a bit tin-hat conspiracy stuff but in the long run they all got over in one way or another from it. Bret gets his high horse, the asshole McMahon gimmick took off and Michaels got hated enough to really put Austin over. Then a decade later they get some decent tv when they patch it up. Plus I imagine they've made a ****load of cash with books DVDs etc surrounding it.
Kevin Nash is convinced it's a work too

cover drive man

International Captain
Also, and this isn't even exaggerating, that's probably the worst crowd I've ever seen for any show. Rock and Stone Cold couldn't have got over with a crowd like that. The match at the end was a great match which will probably get marked down due to that bland crowd.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, he will win clean after Rusev wasnt allowed to win clean last night. A typical heel move to win but that doesnt work against Cena as half the crowd dont like him anyway. Kicking Cena in the balls isnt going to draw heat.
Tbf Rusev did get lot of heat last night. Not sure how much of that is down to anything to do with Cena, admittedly.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Tbf Rusev did get lot of heat last night. Not sure how much of that is down to anything to do with Cena, admittedly.
Also, why book your monster heel to look weak by needing a distraction and a cheap shot? Terrible booking. Many other ways that match could have gone and they chose a terrible, contrived finish which undermined the man they are trying to build.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not convinced by him as a lone wolf type. I think his ring work and else are fine, but nothing especially noteworthy. His whole schtick worked a lot better when it was the Wyatt family altogether. Now they've been split up I don't really get what the point of any of them are as singles competitors.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Also, why book your monster heel to look weak by needing a distraction and a cheap shot? Terrible booking. Many other ways that match could have gone and they chose a terrible, contrived finish which undermined the man they are trying to build.
I thought it was ok tbh - not quite how I would have done it, but I have no great objections. This match should have been saved for WM though imo. Now that it's been done once I think it'll take a lot to get me enthused about seeing it for a second time, especially as Cena will almost certainly win.