• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ITM Cup 2010

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gutted that Northland couldn't hang on - they definitely deserved it. Lachie Munro not making 10 yards at the restart *twice* in the last 5 minutes was the killer blow. Munro had played pretty well other than that (and missing a sitter of a penalty). Holwell would be a more reliable kicker, for sure, but I guess Munro's the future and Holwell... less so.

Holwell played a blinder though - a large number of cut-out passes thrown to the oncoming runner at perfect height and perfect length and a number of decent runs. Northland looked by far the better side - some great runs from their flankers. McAlister was completely anonymous. I didn't even realise he was playing until he buggered something up in the 66th minute.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Impressive. I definitely didn't see that one coming. Wonder if they can keep this form up and take the Shield.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Round Two Results:
Samuel_Vimes 5
Ripper868 4
BoyBrumby 3
HeathDavisSpeed 3
Hurricane 3
Somerset 3
Voltman 3

Standings after Round Two:
Samuel_Vimes 9
BoyBrumby 7
Hurricane 7
Somerset 7
HeathDavisSpeed 6
Ripper868 6
Voltman 5

Round Three Fixtures:
Tasman vs Hawkes Bay
Canterbury vs North Harbour
Bay of Plenty vs Auckland
Southland vs Counties Manukau
Otago vs Wellington
Northland vs Manawatu
Waikato vs Taranaki

ripper868

International Coach
Yeah - I guess if you throw enough darts randomly at a sheet of paper, once in a while you might just hit on the big upset of the round. ;)
heh, fair call.

Round Three Fixtures:
Tasman vs Hawkes Bay
Otago vs Wellington
Northland vs Manawatu
Waikato vs Taranaki

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Round Three Fixtures:
Tasman vs Hawkes Bay
Otago vs Wellington
Northland vs Manawatu
Waikato vs Taranaki

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Tasman vs Hawkes Bay
Canterbury
vs North Harbour
Otago vs Wellington
Northland vs Manawatu
Waikato vs Taranaki

HeathDavisSpeed

Tasman vs Hawkes Bay
Otago vs Wellington
Northlandd vs Manawatu
Waikato vs Taranaki

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Everyone has picked Northland over Manawatu. But will probably be a very close game. Could go either way.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tasman vs Hawkes Bay
Otago vs Wellington
Northland vs Manawatu
Waikato vs Taranaki

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, might as well. Double points, I reckon...
Think I told Vimes I'd give him 3 when he tipped a draw in the Super14 so I'll be consistent and offer you 3 if your prediction comes off.

Hawkes Bay
Canterbury
Auckland
Southland
Wellington
Northland
Taranaki

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Heath the only tipster to call the game correctly tonight. TBH the 14 point margin didn't do the sides justice as the match was much closer and only really decided on break-out tries which Tasman capitalised on well. They also were good at the breakdown, with Hawkes Bay definitely missing their quality openside Karl Lowe.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
With all these upsets - I wish we were sticking with a 14 team system.

Can't do anything about it I guess.

HeathDavisSpeed

With all these upsets - I wish we were sticking with a 14 team system.
Exactly. Mind you, the NZRU have back-tracked so many times on the NPC in the last 10 years, I wouldn't be surprised if there's another set of back-tracking if one of the Auckland, Wellington or Canterbury finish in the lower half.