• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help me pick an EPL side

Which EPL team should I support?

• Total voters

biased indian

International Coach
So you dislike Man Utd just because they are successful? A bit sad IMO. Sure don't expect you to support us, but disliking just because of it.....
Sadly that is true in my case usually support the team/Player that loose the first match i see

Craig

World Traveller
It's the trend wherever you go though. Bayern are hated in Germany by nearly everyone who isn't a Bayern fan. Similar things with Real Madrid and Barcelona in Spain. Same with Milan, Lazio and Roma(or at least a few years ago when they actually won stuff) in Italy.
Eh? You mention the two Roman clubs but no Juventus? Inter weren't exactly popular during Mourinho's reign.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Eh? You mention the two Roman clubs but no Juventus? Inter weren't exactly popular during Mourinho's reign.
Well, there you go then, just supports what I was saying really. The team that wins the most is generally the most disliked in the country by everyone who is not a fan of theirs. Usually, obviously there are notable exceptions to this. Though Beevs will obviously disagree Arsenal were generally very well liked during their time at the top a few years ago.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Is always shortened right down to simply 'the Prem', followed by Division 1, Division 2 and Division 3 followed by the Vauxhall Conference.
Nah, use old money, see the title of grecian's comp

I love Everton, which as a Liverpool supporter, means I get stabbed in the nads regularly. They have Oz's Tim Cahill and your Tim Howard, amongst lots of other quality players. They're managed by Moyes, who is a champ. Don't know if Lance will be heading back. Lovely club. :)
:sick:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Their fans are amongst the worst I have ever come across tbh. Is about the only time I have ever been at a match and witnessed any real crowd trouble and felt genuinely worried for my own safety.

Craig

World Traveller
Well, there you go then, just supports what I was saying really. The team that wins the most is generally the most disliked in the country by everyone who is not a fan of theirs. Usually, obviously there are notable exceptions to this. Though Beevs will obviously disagree Arsenal were generally very well liked during their time at the top a few years ago.
Juventus have never been liked. Fiorentina for instance absolutely hate their guts. IIRC, weren't Man United always in the hated category when they through their period (going back to before a lot of posters on here were born) when they won nothing at all?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yes they were, although a lot of Man U fans will claim they only started being hated in the 90s. It's an argument we've done to death but wise old heads Brumby and I think grecian both stated that the United hatred was there right when they won nothing aside from the odd FA Cup.

Indipper

State Regular
Juventus have never been liked. Fiorentina for instance absolutely hate their guts. IIRC, weren't Man United always in the hated category when they through their period (going back to before a lot of posters on here were born) when they won nothing at all?
That's right craigos, Juve have never been liked. Even though they can sell out venues all over Italy due to their popularity (they held some of their European cup ties in the 90s outside Turin cause no one there wanted to see them play Galatasaray or whatever) and have this 'Italy's team' thing because of their FIAT ties who in turn employed those Italians that weren't waiters or mobsters. Not a fan myself, mind.