• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Next you'll be telling us that you once read a book about them and therefore consider yourself a hardcore fan
Yeah and then I got a tattoo since you can't be a fan without one. Ooh and don't forget the merchandise.

Is it that hard to believe that people outside of Europe may not care one bit about the Prem and not know the clubs?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
So if I didn't care about club football for years I'm supposed to acknowledge that I paid attention to Man Utd just because they're a big club? Pfft, this isn't Britain. The news wasn't and still isn't saturated with information about European football. You only know if you look and I didn't so yeah.
Our news isn't exactly saturated with news about Argentinian domestic football either, yet I still know that Boca Juniors and River Plate are the 2 biggest clubs in Argentina.

To be unaware of the standing of Manchester United, you'd have to spectacularly ignorant, or stupid.

roseboy64

Maybe it's because you don't get enough coverage over there that you don't see why he's a bad tackler; you know, the same reason you didn't realise they were a big club :ph34r:
There's a then and now to that. :) I get enough to have seen him make some brilliant enough ones and that he's a midget plus who he'd have had to face in training to know that no one who's that good can be bad at tackling. The guy just likes getting his foot to let the opposing team know he's not going to be bullied about.

roseboy64

Our news isn't exactly saturated with news about Argentinian domestic football either, yet I still know that Boca Juniors and River Plate are the 2 biggest clubs in Argentina.

To be unaware of the standing of Manchester United, you'd have to spectacularly ignorant, or stupid.
Nope. You'd have to see things from the perspective to know what I'm talking about. If one doesn't watch sports on TV much, is only interested in inane drivel on the net and neglects the news then yeah they'd pretty much not have much idea. Didn't even know about the treble until a few months into my first season of watching the Prem.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member

DEAR GOD. Why do you have to speak to him like that?. Horribly rude posting...SMH

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stockdale looks decent. Early doors yet but would, probably, rather see him in the next England squad than whoever we called up as backup to Hart last time.

Squillaci medical tomorrow ftr.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Stockdale looks decent. Early doors yet but would, probably, rather see him in the next England squad than whoever we called up as backup to Hart last time.
Indeed. Would be nice if Schwarzer does go to Arsenal as reports i last check couple days back. More ENG players starting for clubs the better.

The battle between the next 2 spots behind for the 1st EURO qualifiers is between Foster, Harper, Stockdale.

Craig

World Traveller
There are regulations regarding what you can do. You can't, for example, take over a club, sell all its players and assets then close it down for a quick profit.

But there's no "limit" as such on how much money you can make from one, so long as it's run fairly. Besides, PLCs have to make profit by law.
Surely there has to be better investments to try and make a profit from then buying a football club? It's one thing like Abramovich buying Chelsea because he can, he's a billionaire regardless if he owns Chelsea or not, but I don't understand why people like Hicks and Gillett would buy Liverpool to try and make a profit out of the club. You assume all of the debts, you are expected to give the manager more or less a blank cheque by the fans, and meanwhile to make money if dependent on whether you win anything of note or make the Champions League at a bare minimum.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Odds on Martinez being sacked before October?

When you've conceded 10 goals in 2 games, the solution isn't to sign the other Caldwell brother.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like Citeh might be good at home, poor away again this season. Owned Liverpool from the word go here.

Ngog and Torres up front just doesn't look a strike force that can work.