• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When the Bombers were great

ill says he noticed Essendon start to change three or four years ago. He particularly recalls receiving in the post an ad for a gambling organisation the club had partnered with.

''Now I'm no wowser, but it was the sloppy wording that got me. It said 'Bombers Bet - You Can't Lose'.'' His point is - gamblers can lose.

Bill says the supplements saga came as no surprise to the Essendon supporters he sits with at the footy. He cited ''shifty letters in the shadows of 2011 squeezing Bronze members to become Silver. Inducements of petrol vouchers if they changed in 2012, but by this year, if they didn't change, they would be moving to an inferior seat''.

''My mate from Bendigo who sits next to me has a son who is on the autism spectrum. He runs a small business and he didn't need to be shelling out more money, but he wanted to stick with the club.

''Consider the recent donation procured from members for the 'Flight Plan' - members had to 'opt out' if they didn't want to donate.

''Consider the statements this month about James Hird's pay arrangements - our suspended coach is being paid $750,000 for a year in which he is not doing his job. How do you reckon that news was received last week by Essendon members who work at Holden?''
pretty OTM although it's harmed by not throwing the spotlight onto the fans whose rabid desire for "essendon people" during the dying days of Knights - so 3-4 years ago - has created it's own problems.

howardj

International Coach
He's The King

Anyway, only nine weeks until Round 1

I see the Crows and the Roos as the big movers this year

Freo to win the flag

Preview to come...

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can I just say that I'm off this name on the back of guernsey idea they're trialling. Gonna make the back of the jumpers look crowded and it's too American.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I dunno, I've always thought they should have the names. Will wait and see how it looks on the field though.