Page 80 of 1141 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182901301805801080 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 17107
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: A.F.L. Thread II

  1. #1186
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    It wasn't a convincing win with Carlton in it for most of the game and it's a win that probably puts up more questions then answers, not to mention the reports and injuries. I don't buy the used to winning line either because honestly they they haven't beaten us since 2008 (as well as the revenge that comes into play there) although the second point is feasible. The "barley giving a ****" is rubbish though.
    Honestly, at what point during the game did you realistically think Carlton had a chance? It was predictable, Carlton played well and took it up to them for a bit, but Geelong were always going to finish better.

    Your point re: haven't beaten you since 2008 is irrelevant. I meant they're expected to win games, no matter the opposition (Collingwood and Saints aside maybe).
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  2. #1187
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,859
    Pasag, your point is weird because as Benchy said, had Geelong won by 1 point they'd have sung it a lot more.

    The fact they won by 7 goals meant they didn't. Plus the fact that they have their eye on finals.

    And I don't understand why people are even replying to my post. I laughed cos it was so funny, and so different to my experience as a Richmond supporter. That's all.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  3. #1188
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,859
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Did any of you ****s see umpire Stuart Wenn go up to Connors and (whilst physically touching) tell him to stop elbowing his opponent and that he was out of his league, or something like that? Thought it was so disgraceful. He should be stood down for the rest of the year, absolutely no question. The AFL go on about trying to increase the respect between players and umpires, but it's a two way street.

    Despite the fact he was right re: Connors being out of his league
    What the ****!? He really did that?

  4. #1189
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Pasag, your point is weird because as Benchy said, had Geelong won by 1 point they'd have sung it a lot more.

    The fact they won by 7 goals meant they didn't. Plus the fact that they have their eye on finals.

    And I don't understand why people are even replying to my post. I laughed cos it was so funny, and so different to my experience as a Richmond supporter. That's all.
    1 point is different though, there's a whole range of emotions that come when you win a nail-biter.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012


  5. #1190
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    What the ****!? He really did that?
    Yeah was pretty disgraceful. Will be alot said about it during the week.

  6. #1191
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Honestly, at what point during the game did you realistically think Carlton had a chance? It was predictable, Carlton played well and took it up to them for a bit, but Geelong were always going to finish better.

    Your point re: haven't beaten you since 2008 is irrelevant. I meant they're expected to win games, no matter the opposition (Collingwood and Saints aside maybe).
    Well I didn't think we'd ever win because we're ****, but it's not whether we won or didn't it's the fact we took it up to them whereas a team like Collingwood blew us out of the water.

    Disagree with the 2008 point, putting us away after two upsets would have been pleasing to the cats and I'm sure it would have been brought up throughout the week.

    Still, as I said, I agree that the main reason would have been the "don't celebrate too much till we win the big one" that the best teams sometimes employ with maturity and experience.

  7. #1192
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Yeah was pretty disgraceful. Will be alot said about it during the week.
    Video of it:

    Umpire Wenn Pushes Daniel Connors

  8. #1193
    Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Moving the hole in the o-zone layer
    Posts
    8,547
    Cooney hammy

    ****ing hell

  9. #1194
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Put spoilers in spoiler tags ftr. Game is 30 mins delayed here...

    ..Bro.

  10. #1195
    Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Moving the hole in the o-zone layer
    Posts
    8,547
    Doesn't stop you ****s ruining the games on three hour delay here tbh

  11. #1196
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Hey hey hey, I didn't make the time zones, ****.

    Tell your story walkin'.

  12. #1197
    Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Moving the hole in the o-zone layer
    Posts
    8,547
    Get Foxtel, fella!

  13. #1198
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBloody Idiot View Post
    Get Foxtel, fella!
    Woah, slow down, cowboy. We all don't live in mineral rich Western Australia!

  14. #1199
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,859
    Haha Benchy, love you at times.


    Dogs however, are ****house.

  15. #1200
    Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Moving the hole in the o-zone layer
    Posts
    8,547
    You can bookmark this. We'll drop out of the eight next year.

    Horrible ****ing side with a horrible ****ing culture. What a dumb ****ing seven-year old I was.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ***Official*** Tendulkar vs Ponting Thread
    By vic_orthdox in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1338
    Last Post: 16-08-2012, 02:08 AM
  2. FAQ & Introduction Thread
    By Samuel_Vimes in forum Cricket Web Tennis
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20-06-2011, 11:06 AM
  3. Thread Hijacks
    By sledger in forum Site Discussion
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 04:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •