• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Dammit, I missed that too. What has she gone on about there?

EDIT: watched the Cotchin thing, think it's true about Swan being somewhat of a cheat, but to get around defensive systems you need to have a few guys on your team ready to do that for you to break them open. Collingwood are well drilled enough to work out who can spread and who needs to do the work inside, or stay defensive side of the contest, allowing Swan to be so damaging.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dropped a rumour that is going around about the fact that Eddie McGuire casually offered up Dane Swan to GWS.

When pressed and Lyon said a club president doesn't "casually" offer up a Brownlow medallist, she said "well it may not be true, I am just saying the rumour is going around.:

She got grilled by the panel, Lloyd in particular, about how you can't just bring up a rumour and then say "oh well it may not be true". Lloyd in particular nailed it - "we all hear rumours, we don't push them onto the agenda."

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Flying from Dunedin to Wellington to watch this. Any players in particular I should look out for and can namedrop to look intelligent to my mates?
uh mike pyke
you'll be able to spot pyke because he's the only swans player who is white and doesn't have blonde hair
Assuming your mates are union men, Pyke's the name to drop.

Pretty sure he'll be the only man on display who scored a try versus the All Blacks.

Caught an intercept from a Dan Carter pass, if memory serves.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ajdude 7
Jono 7
alternative 7
morgieb 7
Redbacks 7
benchmark00 6
howardj 6
Samuel Vimes 6
BoyBrumby 6
vic_orthdox 6
Riggins 5
superkingdave 5
Spikey 4

Johnners 3

Not too bad. Spikey really dropped the ball here - he was 4/4 at one stage, then missed the last 5 tips :laugh:

Overall

=1) ajdude 27.2
=1) Jono 27.2
=3) benchmark00 25.2
=3) alternative 25.2
5) morgieb 24.1
6) howardj 24
7) Samuel Vimes 23.1
8) Redbacks 22.1
9) BoyBrumby 22
10) vic_orthdox 21.1
11) Riggins 21
12) Johnners 20.1
13) Spikey 20
14) superkingdave 18

Still all tied up at the top.

This week's round....

Essendon v Collingwood
St Kilda v Sydney Swans
Fremantle v Richmond
GWS Giants v Gold Coast
Carlton v Adelaide
Western Bulldogs v Geelong
Port Adelaide v West Coast
Brisbane Lions v Melbourne
Hawthorn v North Melbourne

Please note that the round starts on Thursday due to ANZAC Day.

morgieb

Essendon v Collingwood
St Kilda v Sydney Swans
Fremantle v Richmond
GWS Giants v Gold Coast
Carlton v Adelaide

benchmark00

I am not a Caro hater like most others, but fmd her comments regarding Eddie and Dane Swan were a disgrace on Footy Classified. A great example as to why so many of the footy public can't stand her.
That's because you're a Richmond supporter though.

Am fearing a 100+ job against the roos this week. Best I can hope for is that it's under 10 goals so the percentage doesn't get too big of a hammering. Is a big hope though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I really don't care that Caro supports Richmond actually, but its an easy correlation to make so fair enough. She usually just doesn't bother me as much as others. Never once said I liked her.

benchmark00

I really don't care that Caro supports Richmond actually, but its an easy correlation to make so fair enough. She usually just doesn't bother me as much as others. Never once said I liked her.
I'm just saying she'd bother you more if she was potting your club without any reason.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Funny you should say that. A North Melbourn supporter friend of mine on Twitter (she literally started following footy last year!) is raving against Caro hard right now, and pretty much said the same thing to me when I responded to her tweets.

So yeah, I agree with you. It just sounded like you meant "Caro supports Richmond so you don't hate her". When I guess what you meant is "Caro doesn't randomly and vindictively pot Richmond, so you don't hate her". Which is probably fair.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Essendon v Collingwood
St Kilda v Sydney Swans
Fremantle v Richmond
GWS Giants v Gold Coast
Carlton v Adelaide

benchmark00

"Caroline Wilson can sometimes be a dangerous hack"

Eddie has come out with a couple of cracking quotes in the last week. Replace 'can sometimes be' with 'is' and he's spot on.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
"Caroline Wilson can sometimes be a dangerous hack"

Eddie has come out with a couple of cracking quotes in the last week. Replace 'can sometimes be' with 'is' and he's spot on.
This his comments responding to her spreading the Swan rumour? Lol.

Also essendon seem pretty ****ed now that wada have stepped in to clarify

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
"Unfortunately for us when Caroline speaks about our club I think most people probably tune out."

That is literally true. I did not even pay attention on Footy Classified when she started talking about Brayshaw. That's an indictment on her.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The worst thing she ever said about NMFC/Brayshaw was her lying and saying he said they'd never go to Tasmania. Then that dweeb Hutchy pulled her up on it with footage showing she was wrong and she still did not admit she was incorrect.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Does anyone ever remember the first ever Footy Classified (think they called it Footy Confidential then?)

Think it debuted in 2007 and the first segment was just epic. Literally in teh first 1 minute Wayne Carey attacked Caro about something - can't remember what. It was very obvious that the producers wanted the show to be extremely controversial and edgy and the panel was under specific instructions to go at each other at all times - but fmd it was entertaining.

benchmark00

Yeah I do remember, not specifically the first segment, but the first couple of episodes. They were having pots at each other left right and centre.

Carey is such an awesome media performer. He was amazing on that show and he'd be awesome on the Couch too. Glenn Archer was horrible though. Everytime he speaks it sounds like he's about to cry.

Now Carey is stuck doing the Marngrook Footy Show. **** me.