• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Redbacks

International Captain
Geelong just do it right. Seem like a club largely devoid of ****s. Don't know how a Victorian sporting team manages to be so likeable.
One theory

Geelong Cats - Where even ugly people are loved

Perhaps the small town mentality explains why Geelong fans are arguably the most positive of all Victorian clubs. Although this results in hero worship (even of ugly players) reaching unrealistic proportions, it also breeds the kind of eccentricity and creative flair that is shackled at critical clubs that demand accountability to tried and true methods. At Geelong, players have the confidence to showcase their individuality without fear that fans will turn on them. As a consequence, Geelong has produced some of the great individual players and feats alike. Furthermore, the club has drafted good players that other clubs would reject on aesthetic grounds.

ajdude

International Coach
yeah nah look you ****ed up, its best to just pack this thread up and move on. a real tear jerker but that's life
i think the fact that league is worse than curling trumps any **** that you can come up with, wouldn't even be called the afl world cup ****wit

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Geelong will win tonight I think. I've picked Sydney but that's because it's at the SCG. But really I think Geelong.
Well he used to go to the same school as me, he was a couple of years below me but we were all on good terms because we all played at the same club and he was a funny little bastard. Used to call him Tiger.

Anyway, he was an average footballer, wasn't a stand out by any stretch of the imagination. In year 9 or 10 or something he moved to Melbourne to go to Assumption College. Anyways didnt see him for years, then I was back home for uni holidays one year and ran in to him on the street and he was like oh yeah what are you up to etc and I was like yeah just studying etc etc... And I go "so what are you up to?" Expecting something like "yeah I'm a plumber" or some ****, and he goes yeah I'm in Adelaide now, so I asked yeah what are you doing there? And he was like "I play for the crows." I was like wtf. Didn't hear anything about it.

And that is the story.
Two of the ****test posts of all time.

Riggins

International Captain
Does anyone have Horlin-Smith's Australian stats?
http://www.schoolsport.edu.au/lib/pdf/results/cricket/mf994.pdf

best i could find, i swear i remember reading all the scorecards when it was happening though.

such a strange one, was just playing school footy when he got picked up, wasn't even really tearing that up either.

his cricket stopped standing out as much at the end of school too. against better bowling got really tied up, no real go to scoring shot and didn't turn the strike over either. really torched **** bowling in juniors though.