• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Matt79

Global Moderator
I reckon he is. Hard to tell whether or not he should be - he wasn't helped by injuries this year, but he's unlikely to ever get the clean air he needs with the media pack after him now, and Sheeds, Lloyd and Hird throwing grenades from the sidelines.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Sad to see McLeod go. Second only to Ricciuto for us, and one of the best players to watch when he was at his peak. Pure class.

Still, don't think he really would have been worth another year at this point.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Still got more going for us than your mob!

Gotta be the worst season in history though if Collingwood win the flag as well though.
Nah we got Jack Riewoldt. You have Jay Neagle and a Gumbleton made out of glass.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Balmain (club that Chad Fletcher plays for) are a bunch of plebs.

Basically full of former Sydney players (Captain/Coached by Nic Fosdike and includes Nick Davis, Jason Saddington, Tim Schmidt as well as Fletcher) yet they're **** ****s and struggle to win a game.

Sister club of Fremantle so it makes sense I guess.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Honestly, don't know why Judd didn't leave west coke sooner.
So an ex-Eagle gets busted for being involved in drugs and this is supposed to reflect on the club, eh? Well I guess that means every time Fev has been in the news since moving to Brisbane, and every time he stuffs up in future, that should reflect on the Blues.

pasag

RTDAS
So an ex-Eagle gets busted for being involved in drugs and this is supposed to reflect on the club, eh? Well I guess that means every time Fev has been in the news since moving to Brisbane, and every time he stuffs up in future, that should reflect on the Blues.
Just wanted to use "west coke" in a sentence again tbh :ph34r:

pasag

RTDAS
Although you could argue it does reflect badly on Carlton who allowed this type of thing to go on for so long and had they done something about it early on he'd still be playing for the navy blues. That said, I don't really care what players get up to off the field or after their careers.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What reflects badly on Carlton is John Elliott allowing your players to cover up your players' misdemeanors with females tbh

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
"come on you Pies, this is the year!"

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
What it highlights is the possible lack of support for players without the profile of Ben Cousins. You now have Daniel Chick and Chad Fletcher involved in drugs post-football.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What it highlights is the possible lack of support for players without the profile of Ben Cousins. You now have Daniel Chick and Chad Fletcher involved in drugs post-football.
Post football?

It highlights that pretty much the only way you can get wide acknowledgment and help for a drug problem is if you hit absolute rock bottom in the public domain.

Chad Fletcher flatlined in the US, it's not as if people didn't know these issues were there.