• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
what a day in football. can't wait to read about the next turn of events in the sandy roberts saga

Burgey

Huge test for the afl media, this. They're that compliant it's ridiculous normally. I agree a Sandy/ Drew Commission of Inquiry is needed

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dead set am shattered I am not in Melbourne for this. Would walk to every single friend's house and rib them until they cry.

Doing it via email and text over the last 18 hours but not as fun as face-to-face.

Spikey

Secondly, for what it's worth, I've been given some info this arvo from someone I think is pretty reliable (but is not connected with the AFL or our club directly).

According to this person, the concern centres around one particular substance that may have been given to our players.

The substance is NOT prohibited under the WADA code unless it’s used in a certain way (known as an intravenous infusion). I don't think anyone is alleging we have illegally administered the substance to our players - it’s definitely allowed to be injected, subject to certain limitations on the amount and the frequency of the injections. Based on what I've been told, I think we can ignore all the "injecting room scandal" stories.

The problem is that although it’s not banned by WADA, it’s illegal to import, manufacture or purchase this substance in Australia. As such, I think the feeling is that the players may be safe, but the investigation centres on the fact that someone at the club (and I think I have an idea who) may be in some serious trouble for possessing and administering the substance to our players here in Australia. I’m pretty sure this is where the whole “criminal drug gang” angle to this story has come from.

I also understand that a number of footballers have used this exact substance, but have taken it when they’ve travelled overseas. This includes a recent number 1 draft pick.
That post was made around the same time as the press confirmed Dank was being investigated by the feds

Spikey

Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane
AFL will immediately audit training practices at all clubs, will meet with all key club staff and expand requirements on background checks.

i can't believe richmond are cheating