• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great slap on the ground afterwards though. Almost as good as Rohan Smith after the 1997 preliminary final when the Crows came back and beat the Dogs.

Will try and find some footage.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, massive devoness. Love the dogs. Hate the Crows. Bad result all round really.

Libba celebrating early. So haunting.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, best game of all time for mine. I lived right near Footscray at the time too. Loved it.

Much like the '98 prelim.

pasag

RTDAS
Great to hear Cousins is out, was seriously worried. Hopefully he has a few more games left in, but probably not. Hear he has a really good influence on the Richmond kids, hopefully he stays on in some capacity for his benefit as much as anyone elses.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That **** came out in 2004 or 2005 (can't remember exactly).

I remember I tried No-Doz before a game once after I heard Nathan Brown did it and it made me have a spew at half time. Never tried it again.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
So Nathan Brown and I have something in common - we both had to have No-Doz before he played a game.

pasag

RTDAS
Didn't think that stuff actually worked. Tried it a few times before exams but never had much of an effect.

AFL_Fan

Cricket Spectator
Wrote another article

9.30am. Dad and I were in the car, and off to the place they call the ‘Cattery’... a place opposition fans dread due to parking, reserve seating and habitual poor performances over the last 2 years. We were ready for a long road trip, accompanied by an optimistic belief that North could pull of the unthinkable and defeat the Cats in the Cattery.

?Trip down the highway? | Thebigtip
Anyone been to the cattery before? Past experiences?

Feel free to comment.

Shame the Roos could not win though. Pods another bag of 5.

AFL_Fan

Cricket Spectator
The Legends game was good.

Newman can kick straight. Needs to be Collingwood's goal kicking coach.

Strauchanie was back. Pickett's torp was sensational.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
West Coast way over the odds this week.

Melbourne v Essendon should also be a pretty good encounter for a bottom 8 fixture.

howardj

International Coach
The stuff coming out about systemised use of No-Doz and sleeping pills is a bit uncool.
Agree with what they said on the Backpage show last night.

Everything these days is so unnatural. Why can't you come down with a couple of beers in the dressing room rather than artificially come down with sleeping tablets. I really believe players need to wind down properly after matches, not dope themselves up. Bring back the quiet beers after games. It's cathartic and team building too.

As for Cousins, you'd think wanting another season at Punt Road as he does, that he'd be trying to tick every box possible. Getting confused about the proper dosage is his fault, and once again interrupts his consecutive run of matches and good performances that he was starting to build up. Every time he gets a run of games under this belt, he misses a week or two - whether through injury, punch ups or pills. Then he has to go back and start again with his match fitness which is so important to an older player.