• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Pfft. Sportingbet. 'Tis but a pale reflection of the original Last Man Standing.

Still time to join in, btw.
I love how your system works, but sportingbet's prize money is just that little bit more attractive. Looks like the Cats are clear, which brings relief to me and the other 80% who went for them this week.\

EDIT - entered btw.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Cats 2006.

Not saying that they'll be as good afterwards, but there's a sense of near enough is good enough in that playing group, and an inconsistency in application that was similar to Geelong in that year. Hope that NM have the gumption to stick with Scott.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bloody hell. :-O Buddy's scored 204 in DT. Must be a record, surely?

Kicking 13 goals probably helps, like. Doubt that's been done too often either.

howardj

International Coach
My word he talks a good game, Brad Scott. He tries to be so cutting edge and contrary with his answers to questions. Be intersting to hear him in his post match presser.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Bloody hell. :-O Buddy's scored 204 in DT. Must be a record, surely?

Kicking 13 goals probably helps, like. Doubt that's been done too often either.
Last time anyone kicked 13+ was Cummings in 2000.

Huge bags of goals used to happen a lot more in the 90s though, was a more open game then and there were a few more dominant forwards around. Lockett kicked 8 or 9 bags of a dozen in his career I think. Hell of an effort to do it these days though.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
stanton's 193 the other week was the record post-Dt starting. there's a few 200 scores if you count performances before DT started. Dunstall would have got 243 the day he kicked 17.5

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Reckon the two "good" teams will just get over the line, but haven't been very impressive.

Mind you, this rain won't help "Bruise Free" Carlton.

howardj

International Coach
Got to wonder about Carlton's top four prospects if they lose tonight

Next four games - Geelong, West Coast, Hawthorn, Collingwood

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Got to wonder about Carlton's top four prospects if they lose tonight

Next four games - Geelong, West Coast, Hawthorn, Collingwood
Yeah, they won't more than one of those at most. Should be focused on making the 8 from here, given you've got Richmond, Geelong etc just outside and someone has to miss out for them to make it.

edit: Or St. Kilda rather, since Geelong are in the 8 now.

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
Massive incentive for current ladder leaders, West Coast and Adelaide, to finish top two. As I understand it, they can then advance to the GF without having to play a final in Melbourne. Adelaide has a good fixture too - other than a tricky three week Geelong, Essendon and West Coast stretch - they should, all things being equal, start hot favourite in their remaining games.