• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You can disagree with that viewpoint, but that isn't a sign of having a vendetta against a club. It's been in turbo mode the last two years though, taking pot shots whenever she can.
She's a disgrace, and I know it's easy for me to say it because it's my club she's trying to slander, but it would be the same if it was any other club. It's a baseless tirade of abuse. I just want her to step over the line once and say something libel, so JB and/or the club can sue her, and the Age are forced to take action.

Until then, can we not post articles from the serpent here?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
You can disagree with that viewpoint, but that isn't a sign of having a vendetta against a club. It's been in turbo mode the last two years though, taking pot shots whenever she can.
As a neutral in this with no idea of the history between the journo/paper & NM I have to say it did read as reductive journalism. My guess is the writer started with the conclusion they wanted to reach and then tried to fit the circs to it, which is why it all seems a bit of a stretch.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah its just her, not the paper. Media outlets in Victoria with regards to reporting on AFL generally have pretty varied views depending on which journalist or commentator you read from that paper, which is great imo. Unfortunately every now and then that results in a bit of garbage like the above article. But you'll never open up a paper or switch on a TV station and know that one club is going to be potted or praised to the max out of fure bias. Nothing noticeable anyway.

benchmark00

Yeah its just her, not the paper. Media outlets in Victoria with regards to reporting on AFL generally have pretty varied views depending on which journalist or commentator you read from that paper, which is great imo. Unfortunately every now and then that results in a bit of garbage like the above article. But you'll never open up a paper or switch on a TV station and know that one club is going to be potted or praised to the max out of fure bias. Nothing noticeable anyway.
What about on Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Adelaide vs. Essendon (Football Park)
Richmond vs. Gold Coast (Cazaly's)
Carlton vs. Collingwood (MCG)
St Kilda vs. West Coast (Docklands)
Melbourne vs. Port Adelaide (Marrara)
Sydney vs. Fremantle (SCG)
Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong (The Gabba)
North Melbourne vs. Western Bulldogs (Docklands)

---

Gone a bit Pete Tong on the DT this week. Aside from my Hawks, Hibberd & Buckley are now also out and Callinan missing out for the Crows has cost me $60k upgrade money.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Adelaide vs. Essendon
Richmond vs. Gold Coast
Carlton vs. Collingwood
St Kilda vs. West Coast
Melbourne vs. Port Adelaide
Sydney vs. Fremantle
Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong
North Melbourne vs. Western Bulldogs

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adelaide vs. Essendon (Football Park)
Richmond vs. Gold Coast (Cazaly's)
Carlton vs. Collingwood (MCG)
St Kilda vs. West Coast (Docklands)
Melbourne vs. Port Adelaide (Marrara)
Sydney vs. Fremantle (SCG)
Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong (The Gabba)
North Melbourne vs. Western Bulldogs (Docklands)

howardj

International Coach
Adelaide vs. Essendon
Richmond vs. Gold Coast
Carlton vs. Collingwood
St Kilda vs. West Coast
Sydney vs. Fremantle

morgieb

Adelaide vs. Essendon
Richmond vs. Gold Coast
Carlton vs. Collingwood
St Kilda vs. West Coast
Sydney vs. Fremantle

benchmark00

Adelaide vs. Essendon
Richmond vs. Gold Coast
Carlton vs. Collingwood
St Kilda vs. West Coast
Sydney vs. Fremantle

Spikey

Disgrace Shaw could still play this season....am confident in Collingwood trying their best to unload him though.