• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Don't reckon Port will be absolutely crushed through your team's press at Paterson's?

Like your Hawks line bet and Freo.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Contemplating putting Lance as my captain this weekend. Reckon he's going to have a day out. Last week GC's defence put basically no pressure on Edwards and he dominated, imagine what an elite player like Buddy should do to them.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Reckon he's still a bit proppy on the calf, but its a gamble that could pay off big time.

I'd just name Cox against Port at Patersons. Will run riot I reckon.

Spikey

you'd have to be worried about him being subbed out?

unless ADL actually do something about their centre square set-up boyd will get about 25 touches from there alone

benchmark00

you'd have to be worried about him being subbed out?

unless ADL actually do something about their centre square set-up boyd will get about 25 touches from there alone
Yeah I don't have Boyd.

I have just shy of 200k left in the salary cap. Got Sandilands on the pine. What I think I'm going to do is trade him for tippet. Sub him with The Dish so he plays ruck, get Mzungu on then get another premium midfielder, maybe Boyd, Ablett, Mitchell or Murphy.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You're referring to Franklin being subbed, not Cox right Spikey?

And yes, Boyd is always a good choice.

benchmark00

Whether I do that this week or later in the year is the issue.

I'd probs get Ablett actually. GC have no byes left.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I don't have Boyd.

I have just shy of 200k left in the salary cap. Got Sandilands on the pine. What I think I'm going to do is trade him for tippet. Sub him with The Dish so he plays ruck, get Mzungu on then get another premium midfielder, maybe Boyd, Ablett, Mitchell or Murphy.
Get Ablett, no more byes.

Don't get Murphy, has a bye in finals.

Spikey

You're referring to Franklin being subbed, not Cox right Spikey?

And yes, Boyd is always a good choice.
yeah yeah

Adock (finger)
Selwood + Swan (sus + bye/going to redneck state, may get shot or end up in gaol)
Sandilands + Smith (injury + fear of tassie)
Didak (bye/shooting up the joint)

ffs

I was planning on finally getting rid of Zaka...but like the three or so times before other **** has ****ing got in the way

this would have been so much easily had I been around during the pre-season. didn't get Cox or Petrie cause I wasn't sure about their injury status when i did my team 5-6 weeks out...yeah that's worked out great. finally chopped mumford last week, got ryder in instead (averaging 90 odd when we play two rucks is my theory! :ph34r:) and my forward bench is a shambles (richardson, smith)

no idea what to do. Selwood to Pendles next week is pretty ****ing tempting. another 4 weeks out (inc. his bye) is just too much. aw well. i was half thinking about sculy after monday so at least i won't get sucked in by him...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You can't keep Selwood. Impossible unless you're sitting pretty.

The guy misses 5 more games for the season, not 4. One of those games is in finals.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't reckon Port will be absolutely crushed through your team's press at Paterson's?

Like your Hawks line bet and Freo.
They might be I suppose, but WCE don't often crush teams. Even a good win is rarely in the vicinity of 40 points. I called the Adelaide drubbing last week butI would be surprised if this week was any bigger than that.

The Hawks line worries me a bit because Aurora is a low scoring ground but I think if they can as much as break even in the centre it should be a thumping. If McKenna follows through with his threat to put a greenhorn on Buddy it's gonna get painful.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gold Coast are going to naturally tire throughout the year.

No idea why they were given two byes so early in the year, especially one in round 1. Made no sense on many levels.

Spikey

08 form. not sure how i feel about it. he's gotta go at seasons end cause bellchambers is out of contract and you can bet your life he'll be in demand but right now...don't agree with Pears in either. he's playing one half of a VFL match and 3/4 of the next. yeah it's great we get myers into the midfield where he belongs but our problem has been stupid kicking into the 50, not the backs.

Spikey

there's a ton of coaches saying right now "why did smith have to come back this week"? me? i got sucked in after his first match and when i needed some cash