• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Adelaide are just ****ing horrible around the stoppages. Dangerfield needs to work on his engine so he can play as a pure midfielder more often.

Swallow absolutely raped them in the guts last week as well.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah like the cut of his jib.

Nic Nat and Cox are so awesome. The amount of effective taps to Kerr was astonishing.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
A bit worried about tonight, need to get on top early. Midfield starting to take shape though. Golstien, Swallow, Wells, Bastinac, Zeibell, Greenwood, Cunnington, Atley, Adams

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Went to the game (as I always do as a neutral for Cats vs. Hawks games).

Awesome match, but the Hawks just cannot beat the Cats. Fact. No matter how much Benchy wishes it weren't so.

If they meet in finals the mental edge Geelong have will come to the fore again.

benchmark00

Went to the game (as I always do as a neutral for Cats vs. Hawks games).

Awesome match, but the Hawks just cannot beat the Cats. Fact. No matter how much Benchy wishes it weren't so.

If they meet in finals the mental edge Geelong have will come to the fore again.
Like Geelong's mental edge against Hawthorn in finals has come to the fore in the past??

Roughead is such a huge loss.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Knew you'd refer to 2008 GF.

Mate that was a long time ago. The teams are different. The coach is different ffs.

Move on.

Watch the games. The Hawks have given up 3-4 goal leads in three of the last four matches.

They cannot beat Geelong.

This bloke won't let them.

benchmark00

That is such a joke. Mental advantage is such horse ****. It means nothing. And it's not just the 2008 grand final.

That free kick could have easily gone to Buddy and then what would you be saying? That's just how close the games are, it's just one decision here and there. Has nothing to do with mental wood on the opposition. Do you think in the dying 1 minute the players were thinking back to their game earlier in the season or the games last year? Come off it.

Meanwhile:

Elite.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ok mate, you just keep tipping Hawthorn and saying "oh it was this or that, close game".

They are an inferior team. Its not a coincidence they keep losing.

Bit hard for Geelong to fix up the 2008 Grand Final when Hawthorn didn't make finals in 2009 and then limped into finals in 2010 getting belted by Freo in the first elimination final. Not exactly giving Geelong a chance to beat them are they?

And the mental strength comment is a jab at Kennett you dope. Ever since he said Hawthorn had the mental edge they've lost every game, many having huge leads (sometimes getting to 4-5 goals). Nevertheless you reckon when Geelong start the 4th quarter like a house on fire they're not thinking "**** not again?" Rubbish.

Their key players don't get the ball when they need to. Compare Johnson, Kelly and Bartel's last quarters to Mitchell, Hodge and Burgoyne. And I ****ing love Mitchell, Hodge and Burgoyne. But I've been to every single game and the same thing happens time and time again. Either Bartel, Stevie J or Chapman will the Cats over the line.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I do agree Buddy should have got that free kick though. Had a bet on Hawthorn to win the match (if they lost by 6 points or less it got refunded by Sportsbet.com.au :D ) so was spewing when it wasn't paid. Was right in front of me too.

But the Hawks shouldn't have let that lead go. Could not go forward at all in that last quarter.

Geelong's defence is so ****ing brilliant.

benchmark00

Ok mate, you just keep tipping Hawthorn and saying "oh it was this or that, close game".

They are an inferior team. Its not a coincidence they keep losing.

Bit hard for Geelong to fix up the 2008 Grand Final when Hawthorn didn't make finals in 2009 and then limped into finals in 2010 getting belted by Freo in the first elimination final. Not exactly giving Geelong a chance to beat them are they?

And the mental strength comment is a jab at Kennett you dope. Ever since he said Hawthorn had the mental edge they've lost every game, many having huge leads (sometimes getting to 4-5 goals). Nevertheless you reckon when Geelong start the 4th quarter like a house on fire they're not thinking "**** not again?" Rubbish.

Their key players don't get the ball when they need to. Compare Johnson, Kelly and Bartel's last quarters to Mitchell, Hodge and Burgoyne. And I ****ing love Mitchell, Hodge and Burgoyne. But I've been to every single game and the same thing happens time and time again. Either Bartel, Stevie J or Chapman will the Cats over the line.
So much horse ****. The two teams are pretty much exactly even. The fact that a dubious free kick (which I'm happy enough that it wasn't paid) or lack thereof was the difference is testament to this. If it was one of the other two umpires on the ground who knows what they would have gone with? To say they're an inferior team on the basis of that is absolute bull****.