• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
benchmark00 enterprises presents: Unsung Heroes

#1 Simon 'The Breath' Garlick

Full name Simon Garlick
Date of birth 10 April 1975 (1975-04-10) (age 36)
Recruited from Glen Waverley Rovers / Central U/18
Height/Weight 177 cm / 79 kg
Position(s) Forward

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Finally, managed to get a proper look of Melb vs. Ess (rather than just listening on the radio). Melbourne should do every thing it can to sign Tom Scully. If he wants to be made captain, give it to him. If he wants the club to change their name from Melbourne Demons to "Tom Scully's Demons" ****ing do it. The guy is an absolute jet. The amount of running he did (also highlighted on FC tonight) coming back from a long lay-off was unbelievable.
Agree wholeheartedly.

If it came down to Scully or David Swallow, given the jizzfest that always come with the mention of his name, I'd pick Scully. Pace, endurance, skills, creativity, and is still only about 50kg soaking wet. He's going to be such a gun.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tonight's AFL Insider show on Fox Sports was incredible. The analysis of the evolution of the forward press over the last 2.5 years was brilliant.

Brad Scott is a dead set legend.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree wholeheartedly.

If it came down to Scully or David Swallow, given the jizzfest that always come with the mention of his name, I'd pick Scully. Pace, endurance, skills, creativity, and is still only about 50kg soaking wet. He's going to be such a gun.
Yeah Scully over Swallow is a simple decision imo.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
GWS reportedly putting the big bucks on the table to lure Callan Ward.

Seems an odd guy to go after with a $2m deal but you can be damn sure you'll get your money's worth. I doubt he'd miss too many games the unbreakable ****er. I suppose the Bulldogs seem an easy target as they'd be one club that would struggle to match the huge deals on offer.

I think Scully will stay at Melbourne, although I said the same thing about Ablett so I have no credibility here. The major difference is that while I think Ablett needed to get out of Geelong, Scully to me looks like a bloke who wouldn't enjoy the upheaval of moving to Sydney and the weight of expectation being the marquee player at a new club. As far as the money goes... well he's that good that Melbourne should and probably will offer enough for him to stay.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Heh. I think the Dogs are resigned to losing one of Wood or Ward. Ward is going to be a big loss but we can't compete with the stupid money he's being offered. Just sucks to lose Harbrow and Ward in two years considering they leave holes we don't exactly have lines of players reading to come in to hill.