• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
There's a rumour going around about some Adelaide players being suspended in-house - Vince is one of them.

Front page of the AFL website now

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hille beats suspension. Damn, that hurts Richmond's chances.

Good for my Dream Team though, whooo.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bob Murphy and Brad Johnson out this week for the dogs.

Writing has to be on the wall for Johnson, seems to be injury after injury. If the dogs weren't a premiership contender I'd say he wouldn't see out the year, but he might be able to hold on.

North Melbourne's game style matches up OK with the dogs. Not saying we're going to win, but I reckon if we can tackle well and keep applying pressure it could be closer than expected.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Bob Murphy and Brad Johnson out this week for the dogs.

Writing has to be on the wall for Johnson, seems to be injury after injury. If the dogs weren't a premiership contender I'd say he wouldn't see out the year, but he might be able to hold on.

North Melbourne's game style matches up OK with the dogs. Not saying we're going to win, but I reckon if we can tackle well and keep applying pressure it could be closer than expected.
I'm not sure if anyone expects a flogging tbh. North have been pretty competitive other than that one game, while we've been pretty ordinary for most of the year. I didn't get to see the Sydney game because of moronic TV scheduling, but it was probably our most impressive performance of the year.

We've not beaten any contenders this year, but won all the matches we're meant to win. Hopefully we can keep up our good recent form against North, because we've been ****ing horrible against them for years. Bogey team alongside St. Kilda and Carlton.

It is really weird with Johnson, because for most of his career he just hasn't been injured. A shame, too, because I thought he might have a couple more left in him after last year. This season has a very Scott West feel about it.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Johnson has been very durable until this year, you're right.

Probably better he doesn't play though. He'd just miss the chance to win the game for the Doggies after the siren like he did a couple of years ago against North :ph34r:

benchmark00

Johnson has been very durable until this year, you're right.

Probably better he doesn't play though. He'd just miss the chance to win the game for the Doggies after the siren like he did a couple of years ago against North :ph34r:
Heard his achilles injury is RSI related. Shanked too many after the siren.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Now Michael Johnson appears to be in strife over a drug related matter. Not a great day for the AFL.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Collingwood have been premiership favourites at some stage for about the past three years. I think that they're better than what they have been in the past few years, but markets move far too much at this stage of the year. On the plus side, they're winning all the games that they should, and setting themeslves up for a proper tilt from the Top 4 come September. They'll beat us this week, I reckon.

Think that the Doggies are just getting themselves there and abouts at the right time still.
Yeah, I think its quite premature at this stage to be considering anyone other than Geelong as premiership favourites, but if we beat Geelong this week and win at least one of the following two matches, I think it becomes a reasonable thing to say that the Pies are premiership favourites, albeit only in a "half-way through the season and anything can happen in terms of injury etc" kinda way.

benchmark00

Collingwood supporters are the only supporters I know that actually want their club to be premiership favourites.

pasag

RTDAS
Used to happen in the 90s all the time, Collingwood would start the season well and then we'd all LOL when their inevitable downfall came.

Last edited: