• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2010 thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Sheens is suggesting that hes going to play him on the wing, massive waste for mine, should be in the centres, would be a great combo is he was playing inside Tuiaki, could set him up a ton of tries this year.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
He will only start on the Wing... Ease his way back in, Once Tui comes back from injury i suspect he will go to fullback with Moltzen moving to half... I cant see him playing inside Tuiaki as Lawrence and Tui have a great combination and even on the right side Ayshford for mine cemented the 2nd centre spot with his performances over the end of last season...

I would have our top 17 as this:

Tuqiri
Ryan
Ashyford
Lawrence
Tuiaki
Marshall
Moltzen
Galloway
Farah
Cayless
Heighington
Ellis
Fulton

Taumata
Gibbs
Payten
A Fafita

As for the cap i beleive he is on around 200k of Tigers money (which is not overly high), with the rest being propped up by X-Blades.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I like that team Blewy, but who knows with Tim Sheens, he'll probably find room for Fitzhenry and start Payton at lock!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I like that team Blewy, but who knows with Tim Sheens, he'll probably find room for Fitzhenry and start Payton at lock!
Mate, i am so scared of ****zhenry getting a game its not funny.. lol... Sheens seems to have a fascination of bringing back all the 05 crew. First it was Jason Moodie, then Skando now ****zy, who next??

I think with that team we could give the comp a shake, especially with the depth thats not in that 17...

Word around the Tigers however is Robert Lui looks certain to start the season at 7... Apparently he has impressed everyone around the club with his improvement and he is favoured to get the 1st crack at 7...

Craig

World Traveller
Until last week I had no idea that Greg Bird was part Aboriginal. Turns out his father's grandmother is Aboriginal, so he counts. Then he pulls out the playing 'for my people' crap. Turn it up.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Taumata, on the field, as a halfback, is a huge, huge, huge worry.
Yeah I'd be interested to hear why you think so??

Taumata has always been a Half-5/8...

If he can keep himself together off the field he will be very very good on it...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Until last week I had no idea that Greg Bird was part Aboriginal. Turns out his father's grandmother is Aboriginal, so he counts. Then he pulls out the playing 'for my people' crap. Turn it up.
Yeah the game has turned into a farce...

I was looking forward to the game but now im like meh... The only thing thats keeping me a little interested is i actually get to watch a game...

Simon

The game itself will be nothing more than an exhibition, cant see anyone taking it overly serious. Im expecting a scoreline of 44-40 or something similar.

Julian87

State Captain
So you think he isn't Aboriginal?

Turn it up. FMD

Yeah I'd be interested to hear why you think so??

Taumata has always been a Half-5/8...

If he can keep himself together off the field he will be very very good on it...
Always been an enigmatic and unpredictable five-eighth, much like Marshall and Moltzen. He's virtually a carbon copy of Ben Roberts. Capable of moments of brilliance but with no brain or any capacity to lead or organise a football side.

Tigers need a halfback, not Arana Taumata.

Yeah the game has turned into a farce...
The game is a farce because one of the Aboriginals doesn't look very black?

Simon

He's played 5 games in first grade, I'm willing to give him a bit more of a chance.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Moltzen is not enigmatic and unpredictable... He is a an out and out half, who is still only very young.
It was no co-incidence that when he went to half last season that our form picked up and we had an 8(i think) game winning run...

IMO he is our best option at half, however i dont think he will play there...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
He played ALL his junior Footy at Half, including playing Half for the Junior Kangaroos...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He played ALL his junior Footy at Half, including playing Half for the Junior Kangaroos...
I really don't care how much he played there against 18 year olds; he's not an organiser. With Farah at hooker and Marshall at five-eighth, the team is desperately crying out for someone to give the team structure and direction ie. a real halfback. Until this happens they will continue to be dreadfully inconsistent and everyone will continue to say they have underperformed when the reality of the matter is the fact that their team just isn't structured well enough to do anything other than when they are well on top.

Moltzen could make a very good five-eighth outside a "real halfback" and so could Taumata, but given that we have Benji Marshall on our books and not Brent Sherwin, they are pretty pointless players to have.

Craig

World Traveller
So you think he isn't Aboriginal?

Turn it up. FMD

Always been an enigmatic and unpredictable five-eighth, much like Marshall and Moltzen. He's virtually a carbon copy of Ben Roberts. Capable of moments of brilliance but with no brain or any capacity to lead or organise a football side.

Tigers need a halfback, not Arana Taumata.

The game is a farce because one of the Aboriginals doesn't look very black?
I'm not doubting that does have Aboriginal blood in him, it's just his cliched response.