• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Division Three Comp

chalky

International Debutant
Whoo hoo top after a narrow (and very lucky by all accounts) win against Oldham.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Code:
                P W D L     pt
1. Hartlepool   5 3 1 1 7 4 10
2. Exeter       4 3 0 1 8 4 9 
3. Oldham       4 1 1 2 4 6 4
4. Tranmere     3 1 0 2 2 3 3
5. Brentford    4 0 2 1 1 5 2

Yes it seems that the gods from Devon's capital City have been usurped at the top of our table :(

Well done Chalky's mob:)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We're unbeaten at home in this competition, it's like a throwback to the glory days of the 08-09 season

Pothas

Rock bottom for us, interestingly we actually have the joint highest points out of anyone in the real (and of course less important) leauge. Not sure what that tells us about our season, think it is more that we played these games during a really bad patch rather than just being useless against sides from the bottom half of the table.

grecian

Yep and more importantly that was the result I wanted:)
Code:
                P W D L     pt
3. Oldham       5 1 2 2 4 6 5
4. Tranmere     4 1 1 2 2 3 4
All fairly static. Looks to be between the top two, unless someone can produce a burst.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Of the four remaining, we play three at home, doubt it will be enough to make a difference but it's worth a mention.

grecian

Code:
                P W D L     pt
3. Oldham       6 2 2 2 5 6 8
4. Tranmere     5 1 1 3 2 4 4
Well, a good day for Oldham, which isn't something you can say every day of the week, moves them closer to the top.

Ironically the only team not really in the relegation shake-up in the real table is the team at the bottom of this one. Make of that what you will:)

Some big six-pointers coming up.:scared:

grecian

Ah cool, now we can all talk about the only division that matters:laugh:

I hope your right Dav, after our match against the Thugs on Saturday we have a run of very winnable games against beatable oppo. Should be Key, we're playing quite decently and even though teams have games in hand against us we're having a tough run of fixtures. So the fact is we've played Norwich, Leeds and Dongs twice, so don't expect many of the other teams to pick up points.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'd be interested in hearing how many black players there are in Division 4 tbh, I hear the premiership is a lot more popular.

Yep, that'll be my only post.

grecian

C'mon Colchester, I tells ya this is the only division where it's at tonight. Even Sky agrees with me, top comedy goal too in the white stilletto derby.

Pothas

Indeed, I just hope someone creates a Division Four thread next season :cry:
Nah you will be fine.

Gillingham were seriously awful on Saturday, worst team I have seen in a long time, we won 4-0 without playing all that well aside a 15-20 minute spell in the first half, as soon as we scored the first goal (shocking mistake at the back leading to a penalty) they fell apart.

If you cannot get three points against them you are in trouble.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's away from home, I could cobble together eleven mates, play the game away from PP and we'd beat the whites. It's why Saturday was such a big blow - losing at home in a six-pointer is nothing short of disastrous. All my optimism has been sapped away. I'm bracing myself for relegation :sick: