• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Sporting Heroes

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thought this would be a good idea for everyone in the Sports forum to get involved with. I'm guessing theres going to be a few obvious people left at the end but i'll be interested to see how it shapes up.
We'll start with everybody getting 10 nominations and 5 seconds. Depending on how many we get we'll asses then the size of the competition and battles.

There are no restrictions, anyone from any sport living or dead can be nominated.

Being a cricket forum there would probably be a heavy bias towards cricketers during this battle, how do people feel about leaving cricketers out as there has been numerous different cricketing battles done in CC?

Simon

I'm nominating

Juan Manuel Fangio
Rod Laver
Wally Lewis
Ayrton Senna
Mal Meninga
Allan Langer
Peter Brock
Tommy Haas
Alyson Annan (please someone second her)
David Coulthard

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Sounds good, Ill second AA's nomination.. A Super Campbelltown girl...

Will add a few others later...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nominate:
- Marcos Ambrose
- Andrew Johns
- Steve Renouf
- Andy Roddick
- Damon Hill
- LeBron James

Second:
- Ayrton Senna

Burgey

Agree on excluding cricketers.

Nominate:
Ali
Kostya Tzuyu
Peter Sterling
Norm Provan
Brett Kenny
Roger Federer
Andre Agassi
George Best
Pele
Tiger Woods

Second:

Wally Lewis
Allan Langer
Rod Laver

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Hmm I'm not sure about leaving cricketers out, a lot of people here love cricket but most of them have strong passion about other sports as well. And it doesn't strike me as a battle of the "Best", more of a battle of "Who you loved the most as a kid/teenager/now" type thing. It's not as if Bradman etc is a lock or anything.

Simon

Not having Bradman is unfortunate as part of my thinking. The reason i suggested it is mainly because, lets say for example we have a two way battle between a good to average cricketet, say Sorauv Ganguly up against an AFL player like James Hird, I reckon in almost every case the cricketer will win because this is a cricket forum.

If the majority say though that we should include cricketers then we will.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Second Nadia and Jordan

Nominate Jackie Robinson, Cal Ripken Jr, Joe Montana and Kurt Warner (:D).

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not having Bradman is unfortunate as part of my thinking. The reason i suggested it is mainly because, lets say for example we have a two way battle between a good to average cricketet, say Sorauv Ganguly up against an AFL player like James Hird, I reckon in almost every case the cricketer will win because this is a cricket forum.

If the majority say though that we should include cricketers then we will.
ITBT, I'd say Ganguly would win, but more because of people wanting to see MikeW's reaction :ph34r:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nominate
Phil Taylor
Usain Bolt
Michael Johnson
Lance Armstrong

Second
Peter Brock
Haile Gebrselassie
Muhammad Ali