• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby League Draft

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tell me where it says its an all time draft?

Anyway if people want to make it a bigger period then I'd suggest Post WWII then.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I disagree, how can anyone here judge anything earlier then the 80's if you didnt see them... Im with Simon all the way and say it should be 88 and on...

Simon

Yeh I like the idea of 88 as we can can probably have a better idea of who has the better sides judged on what we have seen ourselves. Also would make it more interesting competing for only the more modern day players.

Simon

Ok I think thats fair then, any player that played in Australia Post WWII is eligible to be picked.

Dale has about 4 hours to pick before Blewy can go.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sorry, it's like 6am here, just woke up.

So many to chose from, but think I probably have to go with Wally Lewis who just sneaks into the time scale and is a shoo in for any all-tine QLD/Kangaroo XIII.

Simon

Sorry, it's like 6am here, just woke up.

So many to chose from, but think I probably have to go with Wally Lewis who just sneaks into the time scale and is a shoo in for any all-tine QLD/Kangaroo XIII.
We are going with anyone 1945+ now.

Lewis obviously still a great pick, probably would have been my top pick.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I disagree, how can anyone here judge anything earlier then the 80's if you didnt see them... Im with Simon all the way and say it should be 88 and on...
Not that it really matters now. But it is funny imo that in every other draft most people are happy to rate players from what they read or saw on videos. Yet for some reason the same can't happen in league.

Good to see the cut off from 1946, means none of those soft Bears players that missed the war so they could win a flag will get in. :p

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
1988 was perfect I mean did Rugby League even happen before my Broncos joined the Comp? :p

In all seriousness 88 would have been way more fun and we would still have gotten quality teams for sure.

Last edited:

Simon

Graeme Langlands for me. Will see later if I play him at fullback or centre. At this stage I'll list him at 3.

Team so far:
3 Graeme Langlands