• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah the spurs have lost 2 in a row after getting back parker and ginobli...hopefully they will come up to full strength soon...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
2W streak for the Bucks. With Redd and Bogut now injury free, will be interesting to see if they can continue the streak.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
it looks like the lakers are flattening out a little, losing to the kings can't be a good sign...now both the celtics and the cavs have better records than them...

Johnners

NBA record for the Cavs, 9 straight wins of 12 or more points :)

You know the team's going well when LBJ has been sitting out the majority of the 4th quarter in most games.

duffer

NBA record for the Cavs, 9 straight wins of 12 or more points :)

You know the team's going well when LBJ has been sitting out the majority of the 4th quarter in most games.
Yeah they're ballin' at this stage of the season. Reckon Mo and Delonte are making them so much better because they are genuine scoring threats and LeBron's workload has come down so dramatically this season, really love the guy and think he's overtaken Kobe now. He's obliterating anyone and everyone in the paint so far this season. But I'm going to be cautious and say he'll have a way tougher tie when guys like Allen, Pierce and KG are going at him later this year.

Still rate the C's as the best team in basketball right now. Even with Pierce and Allen being way down in scoring effectiveness they have the most smothering defence I've seen for a long long time. It's like a rich man's version of the early 2000's Spurs. Which is just damn scary seeing a team so utterly dominant like that. Hope they don't slow down because an ECF of Lebron vs Boston and a Finals series of Boston v Lakers is a salivating prospect for me this year.

EDIT: Oh and was talking with a mate about my what we thought were the greatest moments/plays in NBA history. Really long discussion and could possibly make for a good battle but the one that sprung to mind first was this. . Man I loved Scottie so much. Basketball needs more rivalries like the old school Knicks/Bulls, Lakers/Kings ones.

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah the celtics are easily the best team now, everyone contributing on either end, rondo has improved significantly, allen has rediscovered his scoring touch although pierce has been pretty quiet on the whole, kg has been kg, doing a bit of everything including some serious trash-talking:), solid bench, everyone totally committed to defense...they are playing like worthy champions...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the lakers playing the short-handed suns who just traded away bell and diaw and they are struggling mightily on the defensive end, this kind of effort is not going to win them an nba title...they could still win the west but the celtics right now will beat them handily, even the cavs might beat them if they play like this....

duffer

the lakers playing the short-handed suns who just traded away bell and diaw and they are struggling mightily on the defensive end, this kind of effort is not going to win them an nba title...they could still win the west but the celtics right now will beat them handily, even the cavs might beat them if they play like this....
The problem for LA is toughness. They have the most gifted roster in the League if you were to look at it in pure basketball ability but they have a soft centre reminiscent of Avery's incredible Mavs team. Bynum is a beast when fit but prone to go down at any time and Gasol, Vladi, Vujacic, Lamar and Walton just flat out don't like any physicality when on court.

You could see it during the Finals last, during the big moments the C's just went at them physically with guys like KG, Perk,Posey and Big Baby not afraid to throw their weight around. There's only so much guys like Kobe and Fish(who I love so much) can do when their colleagues all collectively do their best deer in the headlights impersonation when the going gets really tough.

Not writing them off though, but I feel they really need home court come finals, because toppling the Celtics away from home might be a bridge too far for this team. However if 'Bron (who will be very fresh) decides to run wild during the playoffs and gets them to the Finals this could all change. I can definitely see Kobe taking responsibility and guarding him all throughout the series and the rest of the teams are a no contest IMO. Him eliminating Boston is probably their best chance tbh.

Also, Melo equalling Gervin's record of 33 points in a quarter today :blink: Awesome for so many reasons. Firstly it could signal him being over the elbow injury that has plagued him all season and it could also be a sign of things to come with Chauncey feeding him the ball, thirdly because I just love the guy. Still think they're a piece away from being legit but wow, Denver is such a fun team to watch right now.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
The problem for LA is toughness. They have the most gifted roster in the League if you were to look at it in pure basketball ability but they have a soft centre reminiscent of Avery's incredible Mavs team. Bynum is a beast when fit but prone to go down at any time and Gasol, Vladi, Vujacic, Lamar and Walton just flat out don't like any physicality when on court.

You could see it during the Finals last, during the big moments the C's just went at them physically with guys like KG, Perk,Posey and Big Baby not afraid to throw their weight around. There's only so much guys like Kobe and Fish(who I love so much) can do when their colleagues all collectively do their best deer in the headlights impersonation when the going gets really tough.

Not writing them off though, but I feel they really need home court come finals, because toppling the Celtics away from home might be a bridge too far for this team. However if 'Bron (who will be very fresh) decides to run wild during the playoffs and gets them to the Finals this could all change. I can definitely see Kobe taking responsibility and guarding him all throughout the series and the rest of the teams are a no contest IMO. Him eliminating Boston is probably their best chance tbh.

Also, Melo equalling Gervin's record of 33 points in a quarter today :blink: Awesome for so many reasons. Firstly it could signal him being over the elbow injury that has plagued him all season and it could also be a sign of things to come with Chauncey feeding him the ball, thirdly because I just love the guy. Still think they're a piece away from being legit but wow, Denver is such a fun team to watch right now.
i think the lakers are better and more talented than avery's mavs and they are also capable of playing better defense but it hasn't happened yet and it needs to for them to beat either the cavs or the celtics...if they play anything close to potential, i don't see anyone else in the west stopping them from retaining the conf title...

and regarding the nuggets, yeah they are playing well enough to go beyond the 1st round of playoffs this season...

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Anybody playing fantasy basketball?

I'm playing for the first time this season. Would be cool to get a CW league going next season or something.....

duffer

Anybody playing fantasy basketball?

I'm playing for the first time this season. Would be cool to get a CW league going next season or something.....
Yeah am playing a Yahoo league with people at the office. Was going to get a CW league going but thought I needed a new Yahoo account to get a different team/league. Apparently not. Will definitely start one up next season.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Yeah am playing a Yahoo league with people at the office. Was going to get a CW league going but thought I needed a new Yahoo account to get a different team/league. Apparently not. Will definitely start one up next season.
I'm playing through ESPN.
Yeah, I'd be keen for sure.

duffer

Watched the Celtics-Hornets game today and got to say that losing Pargo and Bonzi Wells has pretty much taken them from being a contender to just below. The depth just isn't there and their second unit is vulnerable. I thought Posey would be a huge pickup for them but now that he's getting paid he looks like his intensity has dropped and the amount of stupid fouls he gives up now is not a good sign.

Obviously this might be premature as Chandler coming back will help them big time but there are issues there for me.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Watched the Celtics-Hornets game today and got to say that losing Pargo and Bonzi Wells has pretty much taken them from being a contender to just below. The depth just isn't there and their second unit is vulnerable. I thought Posey would be a huge pickup for them but now that he's getting paid he looks like his intensity has dropped and the amount of stupid fouls he gives up now is not a good sign.

Obviously this might be premature as Chandler coming back will help them big time but there are issues there for me.
chandler won't be a difference-maker against the really good teams though...certainly not over a 7 game series...and you are right, the hornets are not playing at a contender level right now...

duffer

prowler will probably love this crossover:

:blink:

Poor Dre but this kid's a freak athlete. Think Mayo has better handles and scoring ability but you could probably lock them in to being the next big guard rivalry in the NBA (ie Deron vs Paul). Easily my two favourite young guys going around.

EDIT: Oh and feel really bad for Reggie Theus getting the boot from the Kings. It hasn't been pretty for them but they lost two key pieces for them last season and have had three starters in Martin, Miller nd garcia injured for most of the season so what more could they have expected from the team? Six coaches already sacked this season and at least 4 of them didn't deserve to be for mine (Reggie, Mo Cheeks, Eddie Jordan, Sam Mitchell). Really ridiculous for mine and Terry Porter from the Suns and Michael Curry from the Pistons might be on borrowed time too if reports are true.
-

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah pretty sure it is. Don't know their names off hand though. Love the kid and vote for him everyday for the all star game.