• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
not confirmed yet but the warriors believe he will be...

this was a temporary reprieve for them...and without durant, they don't stand a chance of winning this series...:(

this also possibly impacts his free agency plans...

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I don't know if all these injuries are due to the extended playoffs runs for Warriors (KD went very deep before joining as well), but I'm sure its a huge contributing factor. It makes LeBron's Finals run feel so incredibly impressive.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Happy the Raptors won, but the Warriors losing didn't feel that satisfying in the end given the KD and Thompson injuries.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Happy the Raptors won, but the Warriors losing didn't feel that satisfying in the end given the KD and Thompson injuries.
well think about it this way...you wouldn't have been satisfied at all if those two weren't injured, the raptors would not have won...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Losing two of the best 15 players in the league in consecutive games for pretty much all of next season is a bit of a downer, for me at least. They will both be back but won't be right until the following year.

Very happy for Toronto though. Have always liked them. Damon Stoudamire is probably my fav player of all time and I've always had a soft spot for them.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
well think about it this way...you wouldn't have been satisfied at all if those two weren't injured, the raptors would not have won...
KD going down was sad but don't think it ruined the competitive balance of the series. The Klay injury was too much. Think the Warriors would've won if he hadn't gone down last night and we would've had a very interesting game 7.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
KD going down was sad but don't think it ruined the competitive balance of the series. The Klay injury was too much. Think the Warriors would've won if he hadn't gone down last night and we would've had a very interesting game 7.
1. kd going down actually made the series competitive.
2. klay getting injured and then re-injured during the course of this series tipped the scales the other way.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
The Warriors without Durant are still a genuinely great team as well, just not a freakishly elite one. While it's obviously a decisive injury it doesn't feel like they'd have beaten a weakened side the way it did with both of them missing key periods.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
The Warriors without Durant are still a genuinely great team as well, just not a freakishly elite one. While it's obviously a decisive injury it doesn't feel like they'd have beaten a weakened side the way it did with both of them missing key periods.
understand your first sentence and agree...am confused what you are referring to in your second...

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watched it in a Boston bar last night. Consensus from the Warriors fans there was that it was an "*" Championship for the Raptors.

Happy for Kawhi though.