• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
and now durant is questionable with rib soreness...the warriors are really banged up going into the playoffs and it is not going to get easier...i don't see any issues with them getting to the conf finals even if they are limping but if houston stays healthy, i can see them winning the west and very likely the finals as well...
Looking how the East is shaping up, even if whomever amongst the Cavs, Raptors or Celtics comes out of that conference has a game plan to stop the Rockets, the fact that they have to go through each other means that they might be banged up as well.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Fantasy league match hinges on 3 point makes going into the last game of the last round. Guess who I have suiting up for me? DeAndre Jordan and Jusuf Nurkic :ranting:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Looking how the East is shaping up, even if whomever amongst the Cavs, Raptors or Celtics comes out of that conference has a game plan to stop the Rockets, the fact that they have to go through each other means that they might be banged up as well.
the celtics are already pretty banged up and the raptors aren't beating either the rockets or the warriors in a 7 game series injured or otherwise...unless cleveland undergoes an amazing transformation on both ends and lebron goes into superman mode again, whoever comes out of the west should win this...

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
From the perspective of a global sport, Simmons is on the way to becoming our greatest ever sportsman barring injuries

Obviously, he’all never achieve the dominance of a Bradman or McKay but they were really niche sports at the time

Billion $ in earnings, a MVP and/or title or 2 will see him right up there

social

I'd bet significant sums of money on Simmons never winning an MVP.
You’ll lose barring injuries

Breaking every record, has Embiid and massive salary cap allowances

Sixers will need to **** monumentally not to win at least 1 title and it’s his team

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
You’ll lose barring injuries
Barely above average in TS%, and with a horrid FT% there's not a lot of inclination to improve. 0/11 (!!!) from 3 for the season. Simmons is a fantastic player and is probably the most dynamic player in the open court since LeBron with the ball in his hands, but he will likely never be able to shoot the ball at even a passable level and that will cap his potential to win MVP.

Embiid is far and away a better player than him and if they win a title it will because of Embiid first, Simmons second. Embiid is one of the biggest defensive game-changers in the league, can stretch the floor, crash the glass, post up, switch onto guards. He's the total package.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Unless Simmons markedly improves on his shooting he has 0 chance of MVP. He'd be an awesome #2 though.

social

Barely above average in TS%, and with a horrid FT% there's not a lot of inclination to improve. 0/11 (!!!) from 3 for the season. Simmons is a fantastic player and is probably the most dynamic player in the open court since LeBron with the ball in his hands, but he will likely never be able to shoot the ball at even a passable level and that will cap his potential to win MVP.

Embiid is far and away a better player than him and if they win a title it will because of Embiid first, Simmons second. Embiid is one of the biggest defensive game-changers in the league, can stretch the floor, crash the glass, post up, switch onto guards. He's the total package.
Simmons hasn't shot a 3 all season as they've all been half court heaves with the clock winding down

In any event, his FTs are of greater concern than his jumper as that is one area that team can target in the playoffs

Furthermore, he seems to be hitting his fair share of limited range jumpers of late but simply doesnt take many as he gets to the rim so easily

Anyway, despite Joel being an awesome presence, Simmons has been the Sixers' main guy for a few months now and I cant see that changing anytime soon

Johnners

Simmons hasn't shot a 3 all season as they've all been half court heaves with the clock winding down

In any event, his FTs are of greater concern than his jumper as that is one area that team can target in the playoffs

Furthermore, he seems to be hitting his fair share of limited range jumpers of late but simply doesnt take many as he gets to the rim so easily

Anyway, despite Joel being an awesome presence, Simmons has been the Sixers' main guy for a few months now and I cant see that changing anytime soon
Naaah

social

Yep

I’ve watched every game of theirs this season as my son is a massive fan and has my wife record every game (no chance I could do it)

Since the beginning of the year, a few things have happened

1. Simmons has worked stuff out

2. Simmons got pissed off at All Star snubs (I don’t agree with him btw) and become more aggressive

3. Joel had a temporary drop in form

4. Sixers upgraded roster considerably

All this has coincided with Sixers going on a run albeit against declining level of competition

As a result, Ben runs the team now and it’s obvious on court

Joel is an incredible force (particularly on defensive end) and a great personality but Simmons is the man

Fun fact: Sixers best combination of the past few months doesn’t include Embiid

Btw, none of the above should be construed as saying Sixers have a prayer in playoffs without him

They don’t

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Kyrie Irving is gonna miss the playoffs also. Let's tank the season altogether and come back stronger next year Celtics.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
in the east all 8 spots are locked up...in the west, there are 5 spots up for grabs with just 4 games to go...without irving the celtics don't have a chance...so looks like it's going to be toronto vs cleveland...i think the cavs will go through again...i predict houston vs cleveland in the finals...

social

Kyrie Irving is gonna miss the playoffs also. Let's tank the season altogether and come back stronger next year Celtics.
Sounds far more serious than initially made out

Be interesting to see what they do with he and Hayward going forward

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Sounds far more serious than initially made out

Be interesting to see what they do with he and Hayward going forward
The initial surgery (to remove a wire) uncovered a need for more surgery (which was always coming down the road). The joint itself is all healed up and a couple of months rehab he will be good to go. Also if Paul George got over his broken leg Hayward will get over it too.