• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I can sort of understand them letting him go in a way, his offense was awful and he directly disobeyed Bird's orders to play small, but the way Bird did it was disgusting. Didn't meet him face-to-face and then told the world in a press conference about how Vogel begged for his job. What a ****ing **** of a bloke.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I can sort of understand them letting him go in a way, his offense was awful and he directly disobeyed Bird's orders to play small, but the way Bird did it was disgusting. Didn't meet him face-to-face and then told the world in a press conference about how Vogel begged for his job. What a ****ing **** of a bloke.
Yep, Larry Legend is the best :wub:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Hawks swept. Raptors have lost Valanciunas, while the Heat look like losing Whiteside. Could the path to the finsla be any easier for the Cavs now?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Same as Lebron a few years ago where someone voted for Melo lmao. Journos are idiots. Prime example was Jamal Crawford winning the 6th man award again this year.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
wow did not see that coming...feel like oklahoma city is somehow more desperate than san antonio, it is not over yet and the spurs won't go down without a fight but the fact that they now have a chance to close it out on their home court is very impressive...their defense has improved significantly in these playoffs as has their 4th quarter level...and they are getting significant contributions from ibaka and their role players, not just their superstars...

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Ibaka has been terrible, to be honest. He's hit a few 3s here and there, but on defense he's been poor, and he hasn't contributed in terms of setting up plays either.

Kanter and Waiters have had a far more significant (and unexpected) contribution. Kanter has even hit a couple of threes, and has been surprisingly decent defensively, making Ibaka kinda obsolete.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Bringing in Aldridge has significantly changed the way the Spurs play offensively, which is a huge issue for them in the playoffs. They play so much more isolation basketball now, the ball doesn't move anywhere near as much, which has also had an adverse affect on the offensive efficiency of Patty Mills, Danny Green, etc. It's also become painfully clear that Tim Duncan has finally fallen off the cliff, which is depressing to say the least.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Sure if you completely ignore the way Ibaka's help defence is one of the best at his position in the league, and the way he changes offensive possessions by just being present on the court.
that's just not true anymore, unfortunately.

last season yeah, but he's been pretty bad this playoffs in the games I've watched. Most notably on defense.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
He has been wildly inconsistent in this series for sure, goes from fantastic possessions of post-defence and awesome weak and stong-side help to allowing deep position and players like Diaw the ball in their dominant hand before he even establishes his position. The rise of Adams defensively has hurt his role, especially because OKC don't have enough NBA-level wing players to play a lineup with Ibaka at the 5, Durant at the 4. Kanter has been immense offensively in this series as well, they really don't have anyone who can deal with him in the post now that Tim has declined as far as he has. Aldridge is barely a replacement level defender, and even worse in the post. The Kanter-Adams lineup won't work against the Warriors, Curry-Draymond PnR will absolutely destroy it. They'll need Ibaka then.

Ibaka's almost surplus to requirements for the Thunder going forward tho, his role has been marginalised by their recruiting of big men over wing players (imagine if they'd prioritised decent wings instead of trading for Kanter, people like Batum, Wes Mathews, Aminu etc would make them legitimate challengers to the Warriors with a Westbrook-Wing-Wing-Durant-Ibaka lineup in crunch time) and he's basically a catch-and-shoot guy who stands in the corner and seems to have zero confidence in himself anymore. Assuming they don't win the title, I would be aggresively trying to trade for him if I was a team in need of a PF/C. Someone like the Timberwolves, the Raptors or the Pelicans could really use someone of his skillset and the Thunder are probably better off getting what they can for him now, as Adams is only going to play a bigger role on defence and has added a reasonable mid-range game. If Minnesota don't get a top 3 pick I'd offer it for him and see what happens.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Same as Lebron a few years ago where someone voted for Melo lmao. Journos are idiots. Prime example was Jamal Crawford winning the 6th man award again this year.
Jordan, Shaq, Lebron, Wilt, and Kareem should all have undisputed MVPs. This is just the first time voters aren't being idiots and voting against the obvious choice to make a point.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Ibaka's almost surplus to requirements for the Thunder going forward tho, his role has been marginalised by their recruiting of big men over wing players (imagine if they'd prioritised decent wings instead of trading for Kanter, people like Batum, Wes Mathews, Aminu etc would make them legitimate challengers to the Warriors with a Westbrook-Wing-Wing-Durant-Ibaka lineup in crunch time) and he's basically a catch-and-shoot guy who stands in the corner and seems to have zero confidence in himself anymore. Assuming they don't win the title, I would be aggresively trying to trade for him if I was a team in need of a PF/C. Someone like the Timberwolves, the Raptors or the Pelicans could really use someone of his skillset and the Thunder are probably better off getting what they can for him now, as Adams is only going to play a bigger role on defence and has added a reasonable mid-range game. If Minnesota don't get a top 3 pick I'd offer it for him and see what happens.
I can also see him being dangled to the Bulls or Celtics for players like Jae Crowder, Avery Bradley, Maybe even James Butler.