• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Must be infuriating to watch last night's game duff. Pistons were up by 15 and even with the Bulls fightback they should've won but we were able to snatch the game thanks to a couple of horrible plays in the last minute. Love how Tyrus and Noah are getting up there crashing the boards. Both had a dub-dub, making it TT's 6th this season. And Rose, well, I simply want him in a very gay manner...
At least they can't blame A.I for it ;)

But yeah, just shows how screwed up the chemistry is up there right now. Instead of playing good possessions, and doing the little things like boxing out, moving off the ball etc they are just taking turns to chuck up shots. Guys like Sheed and Rip have been pretty disgraceful for them this season. The amount of quick shots they took instead of trying to kill the clock in the 4th was just plain selfish.

Apparently they are the front runners for Amare now. Offering Sheed + Amir for him and Barnes. Not sure how much D that team would play but damn they'd be a scoring machine. Loving Rose though, can't wait to see him and Mayo in the back-court for the Rookies this weekend. Be so hard to guard two guys that athletic and with skills.

Also got League Pass yesterday, it's just so damn good, can watch any game any time. I am so not getting any work done during office hours now :happy:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Also got League Pass yesterday, it's just so damn good, can watch any game any time. I am so not getting any work done during office hours now :happy:
Online? How much did you pay for it?

And yeah Sheed's play in the last minute where he shot it up with 12 seconds on the shot clock was horrible.

Last edited:

duffer

Half season is 49.95 i think for International League pass. If you're a ball nut and don't go for Boston,Cavs or Lakers then worth every cent IMO. Every Nuggz, Knicks and Pistons game is so cool.

EDIT: Watched three games already today.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Haha nice.

Not a bad deal actually. I just signed up for a programming package that guarantees I get every Bulls game and with the DVR it works out perfectly. Still get to see some Cavs, Celts, and Lakers games on TNT.

duffer

Yeah, i've got some software which i probably shouldn't name here which records the games i'm streaming. Have already dumped a couple on dvd and works perfectly on my player too. If I lived over there I probably would've done the same as you and signed up for my local broadcaster.

Here, we get the National covered games, ie Lakers, C's,Cavs and Spurs. Just don't want to watch the same 4 teams over and over again especially when I'll be seeing so much of them in the playoffs.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
That's cool.

I have the Bulls-Suns game recorder and protected on the DVR and have to figure out a way to put it n a DVD. Was planning to do the same with the Pistons game when I saw the result, but decided otherwise after actually watching it. :p

Johnners

Obvs didn't see it live, but thanks to all the highlights/dunks being put up on NBA.com, I actually thought it looked a little bland this year, especially compared to last. Lacked the creativity, especially Robinson in the final round. Didn't he jump over some guy last time he won it?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Shaq has got to show some self respect here, the way he has been sucking up to Kobe is quite harmful to his reputation.

All Star Game :-

"It felt like old times, ... I miss those times. He was really looking for me, especially when we went on a pick-and-roll"

"It felt like flashbacks, It felt like '99 to '02."

"It'll be like old times. It'll be great memories, Kobe's playing at a very high level right now. It'll be like old times. I can remember, not that long ago, we were the best tandem ever created in the game. So it's going to be fun out there."

Yada yada yada....First you give **** to Kobe and claim that you are the big brother, then you accuse him of falsely planning your ouster from LA and then after you won one in Miami you taunt him publicly..and now that you have no hope and want another championship, you suck up to him and want to play with him again...

Kobe was smarter then, he is smarter now. Thank God he is buying none of it.

duffer

Kobe low balled Shaq when he didnt have to and Shaq held a grudge for a few years. They are forced together for the All Star teams and they smile at the cameras. It's a sham, much like the rest of the weekend was. No need to read anything into it.

Probably the worst ASW I've seen too. Rookie-Soph game was food, The Skills was meh, first 3 pointer where no-one cracked 20 in ages, Slam Dunk was a pre-orchestrated farce and the game was a blowout with some guys who had no right to be there.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
although stranger trades have happened, i can't see shaq going back to l.a...they have invested too much in bynum...and plus shaq is just not effective enough anymore...

Johnners

Dunk Comp needs more LeBron imo. LBJ v 'Melo v Wade v Rose would do the trick.

Last edited:

duffer

I reckon they should expand their horizons with the dunk comp. Get a D-Leaguer, WNBA player, Euroleague player a Globetrotter or something to freshen the thing up.

It didn't really feel like a 3 point contest when guys like Ray Allen, Eddie House, Mike Bibby, Ben Gordon, Peja etc aren't in it. Need to get the real elite 3 pointers in the contest for that to mean something.

Tyson Chandler being traded to the Thunder is madness though. I knwo he's been hurt but Joe Smith and Wilcox they go backwards and have probably given up on beating the Lakers this season. Shame but it's a flat salary dump, they're just not filling their arena enough.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah the All-Star weekend was a total bust. Needed more D Rose in the game. :ph34r:

Can't believe they traded Chandler either! He and CP3 were great together!

duffer

Bulls trade Nocioni and Gooden to Kings for Brad Miller and Salmons. Interesting trade for them. They get a good 6'11 player but he's more of a finesse forward than a true post up centre which I thought they needed more. But the plus is they still get to keep their young core bigs and Salmons is a good swingman who will score i bunches off the bench. They also get rid of Nocioni who is on a bad conract. Nice deal for them but they don't become that much better imo.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Bulls trade Nocioni and Gooden to Kings for Brad Miller and Salmons. Interesting trade for them. They get a good 6'11 player but he's more of a finesse forward than a true post up centre which I thought they needed more. But the plus is they still get to keep their young core bigs and Salmons is a good swingman who will score i bunches off the bench. They also get rid of Nocioni who is on a bad conract. Nice deal for them but they don't become that much better imo.
it's not a good deal for them, miller has been on the decline in recent years and is really slow on the court, i can't see him make a big difference...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah that will hurt their championship hopes a lot...and if they continue unloading good players to save money, cp3 might not stay there much longer...
having said that, pretty impressive win for them over the magic...:)

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Haha, first I heard about the trade. Interesting that Paxson was willing to get rid of Nocioni. Never thought he would. Not so sure if Brad Miller will be a better big guy than Gooden who I thought brought a lot to the table despite his injury trouble.

Will be interesting to see how this pans out though I doubt they'll be better for it at all. Can't believe they couldn't get something for either Gordon or Deng this season.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Hahaha.

NBA.com: Chandler fails physical, rejoins Hornets

Just watched the Bulls-Bucks game. Have to say it was the absolute worst officiated game I've watched this season and the commentators seemed to agree. Still, enjoyed captain Kirk getting pissed off by the ridiculous fouls and changing the whole game with his offense while Rose quietly just missed out on a DD. Chicago just a game and a half behind that 8th spot.