• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NRL 2008 Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Talupapa has not been charged after taking Alan Tongue out by smashing his ribs when Tongue was making a tackle on a Cronulla player, and nowhere near either try line.

That, to me, seems very very odd.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
That's shocking. Hate Cronulla. I lose money betting against them, lose money betting on them and the only time I ever tip them right is when I keep my money. Plus, Gallen is the biggest grub in the game.

Simon

how did Talupapa not get charged? There is no way he could have been doing anything but intending to injury Alan Tongue. Would have loved to have heard his defence at the judiciary instead nothing.

Burgey

That's shocking. Hate Cronulla. I lose money betting against them, lose money betting on them and the only time I ever tip them right is when I keep my money. Plus, Gallen is the biggest grub in the game.
how did Talupapa not get charged? There is no way he could have been doing anything but intending to injury Alan Tongue. Would have loved to have heard his defence at the judiciary instead nothing.
Beginning to think that, with Stuart as coach, they're the new Manly - protected species.

Also liked Brett Finch's chop at Bozo today. Fulton said Robert Finch was ruining Origin because of the way the refs are interpreting the rules. Finch just said "They lost 30-0. How can he blame my old man for that? If they lose the series, maybe he needs to fall on his sword" to paraphrase. Ficn will now never play Origin again.

Good on him. Can't stand Fulton. Can tell he was born a Pommie.

Simon

Fulton has no credibility in the game anymore. He was a great player, one of the best coaches for two decades and now hes a laughing stock. His opinions pretty much mean zero.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
How many weeks did O'Donnell get for raising his elbow for a split second while his mind was actually on the game? Remembering Danny Williams' king hit which admittedly was a whole different kettle of fish, but I fail to see how he can get 18 weeks and Taulapapa nothing. Biggest joke of a system.

Simon

How many weeks did O'Donnell get for raising his elbow for a split second while his mind was actually on the game? Remembering Danny Williams' king hit which admittedly was a whole different kettle of fish, but I fail to see how he can get 18 weeks and Taulapapa nothing. Biggest joke of a system.
Exactly, O'Donnell 6 weeks+1 for abusing the touchie and Talupapa nothing for that is a joke. I just cant see how he got off, whatelse could he have been trying to do other than hurt Alan Tongue? The O'Donnell incident or most other things you see players get suspended for are things that can happen in a contact sport like high tackles, a play where someone intentionally injuries another player is unacceptable.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sorry for the lack of results, have been crook and completely forgot about them yesterday. Will do them tonight

Titans v Sea Eagles
Knights v Dragons
Storm v Raiders
Eels v Panthers
Bulldogs v Rabbitohs

morgieb

Titans v Sea Eagles
Knights v Dragons - may change later
Storm v Raiders
Eels v Panthers
Bulldogs v Rabbitohs

Julian87

State Captain
Tell Ya Pappa should have been sent from the field IMO. Deliberate action to cause injury on a player defending. Would have been a different result if he did it to Darren Lockyer or Billy Slater, let me tell you.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Tell Ya Pappa should have been sent from the field IMO. Deliberate action to cause injury on a player defending. Would have been a different result if he did it to Darren Lockyer or Billy Slater, let me tell you.
For an even more extreme example, can you imagine the outrage if John Hopoate did it to Darren Lockyer?

Simon

Fair point, if it was a Ben Ross, Jason Ryles, Adrian Morley type player then without doubt he'd be getting a month off football.

Simon

Titans v Sea Eagles
Knights v Dragons
Storm v Raiders
Eels v Panthers
Bulldogs v Rabbitohs

morgieb

ITSTL. Although I think Gidley's better than Stewart. Although Pearce should've been benched for him because of the intensity.