• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6 Nations 2008

Who do you think will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PY

International Coach
You can tell Leslie used to play League, fantastic offloads in the tackle.

And France score their first points. I'm not too worried about the French players, it's the crowd who'll make this team tick.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Turn over to watch England and it's the same nilwittedness. 9 points ahead with 10 minutes left against a clueless France and they just give them two utterly friggin stupid penalties to get them within a score.

Morons.

PY

International Coach
Excellent work in the last 5 minutes. Wigglesworth did alright for a debutant. :)

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
France played a very arrogant game, I don't think they kicked for touch once. That kinda game may well beat others, but you wont beat England playing like that.

Reckon it will go something like this now:

1.France
2.Ireland
3.England
4.Wales

Ireland will beat Wales and I have a suspicion they'll beat England. England should beat Scotland by not by too much at Murryfield. France likely to rack up a big score against Italy & would be surprised if they dont beat Wales

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not a classic performance by any means, but I was impressed by our defence. Noon's rib-cracker on Heymans was quite beautifully brutal.

Doubt yer frogs will make the mistake of going into a test without a frontline kicker again either.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, Traille isn't a proper kicker. Get Vainakolo in the centre also.
Be harsh on Noon after yesterday's performance in all fairness. Tait for Balshaw at 15 is the change I'd like to see most. Balshaw's attempt to catch one of Trinh-Duc's garryowens in his own 22 was embarrassing. He must've missed by a good couple of feet.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Be harsh on Noon after yesterday's performance in all fairness. Tait for Balshaw at 15 is the change I'd like to see most. Balshaw's attempt to catch one of Trinh-Duc's garryowens in his own 22 was embarrassing. He must've missed by a good couple of feet.
**** yeah, he is seriously dire. Get anyone in there. Can't wait till Strettle gets back, he is most gun.

Anna

Needs to get a haircut, though. That quiff he was sporting on Sat was quite something :laugh:

Anyway. If Balshaw is picked next week, Brian Ashton will have a lot to answer for. With either Tait or Cipriani (I'd prefer Tait) at FB, we'll have so many more attacking options & won't have to worry about high balls anymore!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Same old England. Ooh look you're absolutely crap attacking-wise, lets gift you a penalty in kicking range every 5-10 minutes so you can actually score points. Genius.

(This is in addition to being hapless when they've had the ball obviously)

Last edited:

headhunter

We were shocking again today, such a negative attitude towards the game, Wales should of won by far more. Just terrible

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Horrible performance by England, Wilko was as bad this week as he was good a fortnight ago. All the more depressing because Scotland played exactly how one expected them to play & we didn't have enough about us to counter it.

Means we have to decide who to support between France & Wales for the title. :sick:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Horrible performance by England, Wilko was as bad this week as he was good a fortnight ago. All the more depressing because Scotland played exactly how one expected them to play & we didn't have enough about us to counter it.

Means we have to decide who to support between France & Wales for the title. :sick:
I'm gunning for France, I have a passionate loathing for Wales.

PY

International Coach
France every single time.

Then we can say we beat the eventual winners like true losers. :cool: