• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Champions League 2007/08

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
If ever there was a time for Mr.T to actually drive onto a soccer field, that was probably it. When i saw him on the ground, i thought he'd smashed his head against the post the way he was going on, but it's just pathetic.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Dida will not get any punishment and neither should he imo, if some unknown person ran at him in the street and brushed him in the cheek and he fell to the floor he wouldnt get any punishment...why should he here?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
i mean seriously, UEFA have absolutely no grounds on which to charge him, there is no way he can be punished.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Cheating, conning, playacting, trying to get the game cancelled and replayed. You shouldn't get punished for that?

cameeel

International Captain
i mean seriously, UEFA have absolutely no grounds on which to charge him, there is no way he can be punished.
Didn't FIFA claim that they were going to crack down on simulating after the world cup? Do they have any power with regards to UEFA?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
certainly, problem is theres no way to prove he was doing any of those things, he was over-reacting certainly, but it would be impossible to prove his was trying to get the match replayed. Besides its not even like he was play acting in response to another player, if he were it may be slightly different.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Didn't FIFA claim that they were going to crack down on simulating after the world cup? Do they have any power with regards to UEFA?
I'm fairly sure they didnt say they were cracking down on players reactions to pitch invasions.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
WTF Dida ran to try and chase the "fan" then thought that it would be better to con everybody, if he's hurt why on earth would he try and chase someone.

cameeel

International Captain
I'm fairly sure they didnt say they were cracking down on players reactions to pitch invasions.
But as Pup has said, there was no more than incidental (at a stretch) contact made between the fan and Dida, and surely you can't say that his intentions weren't entirely dishonourable, even if they didn't quite extend to having the match replayed.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
i never said his intentions werent dishonourable, but its impossible to prove that they were, it would be a waste of time for UEFA to launch any disciplinery hearing as it would be thrown out at the first stage, besides theyre more concerned about stadium security at the moment i'm sure...

regardless, my main point is that Dida (whether he should or shouldnt) will not be punished, mark my words.

cameeel

International Captain
Of course he'll be punished, all the evidence proves that he cheated.
Sledger's right, there's no way that anything will actually be done about it. But to Sledger, how is it impossible to prove that his intentions were dishonourable? I can't actually see any way in which is actions could be interpreted as honourable.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Sledger's right, there's no way that anything will actually be done about it.
Why the hell not?, the fan tapped him on the shoulder, he turns around to chase him then falls over clutching his face needing an ice pack and a stretcher, unless Dida has some medical condition (which I think is higely unlikely) then this proves that he used gamesmanship, cheating, conning etc.

Dida has to and will be punished in my eyes.

cameeel

International Captain
Why the hell not?, the fan tapped him on the shoulder, he turns around to chase him then falls over clutching his face needing an ice pack and a stretcher, unless Dida has some medical condition (which I think is higely unlikely) then this proves that he used gamesmanship, cheating, conning etc.

To harp on again, if they were ever going to do anything about diving it would have happened after that Australia game in the world cup.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

the thing is, lets remember, that despite acting in a stupid manner, Dida isnt the one in the wrong here, the fan ran at him, his reactions were entirely relative to this event.