• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Lower League Football Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cambridge City supporters stick it to the man

From The Guardian. A really interesting article & it shows that sometimes the good guys can get a result. I'm a U's fan, but go to the City Ground just as often 'cos the majority of my mates are City affiliated. Any follower of lower league football should read the article, because it shows what can happen to your own club.

To cut a long story short, City sold their ground to a property developer for a pittance (the deal no doubt pushed through by the CEO, who was named in court as having taken a £10k bribe) & a clause giving the club 50% of any profit made when the stadium was sold for development.

A grade A **** called Paul Harney then (to quote the judge preceding on the case) made "deliberate and dishonest misrepresentations" (told big ****-off porkies in other words) about the value of the stadium. City sold on their 50% profit clause for £900k when the real value of the stadium was something in excess of £13 million.

Anyway, because of the bribe & the lies a judge has cancelled the agreement, giving City a chance to obtain full market value for their share. :)

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Meh, we've tried to get rid of our Chairman for years because he's a ****. If only someone would give us enough money to buy a few houses so we can develop the Bishop Street Stand. Really lets us down atm. Field Mill is seriously one of the best in League Two.

grecian

God this Northwich-city match is ****ing awful. I think the girl on the sidelines interviewed everyone in the crowd by now.8-)

Matteh

Only got that because we managed to save a penalty.

We keep getting beaten 1-0 or 2-1 to a late goal. So annoying.

cpr

International Coach
Heh, not been down to my local side this season, the mighty Trafford F.C. (can stick your FC Utd rubbish!), but there currently 2nd in the North West Counties League Division One (sponsered by Vodkat..... p*ss poor vodka for equally good players). Might grab promotion to the Unibond again, though that set the club back about 5 years last time, got battered in it, lost best players to local rivals Flixton, struggled when we went back down.

Heres hoping for a decent season. Should really go down, though i now live twice as far from the ground as i used to (about 400 yards instead of 200)

Matteh

My room looks over the bottom left corner of the Bangor City pitch. From my mate's room on the floor above, you can see about 60% of the pitch. Not paying £4 to see the rest.