• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Personalities we love to hate.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Matteh said:
Pitt, how is it actually possible to hate Henman? Did he dash your hopes one too many times? :p
Haha, no, he's just such a pathetic loser it annoys me. Every year the rest of the country were going "Can Tim do it?" when the answer was blatantly no.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Should have handed Henman and Andy Murray to my list..

Tennis is boring enough without Henmans loserish qualities, and Andy Murray strikes me as a petulant little tosser who will hopefully fizzle out fairly soon

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Langeveldt said:
Andy Murray strikes me as a petulant little tosser
The guy is a young Scot. Enough said.

(For Bennett: You're probably an exception, which i put down to the living in England)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Barney Rubble said:
Claus Lundekvam
What did he ever do to you?

Top of my list: Chad Hedrick and Sven Kramer. Followed by Martin Tauber, Mikhail Botvinov, Ricky Ponting, Graeme Smith, Kjetil Rekdal and Jan Åge Fjørtoft.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Samuel_Vimes said:
What did he ever do to you?

Top of my list: Chad Hedrick and Sven Kramer. Followed by Martin Tauber, Mikhail Botvinov, Ricky Ponting, Graeme Smith, Kjetil Rekdal and Jan Åge Fjørtoft.
Only know three of yours I'm afraid. I can see Fat Gray & Punter, but why Fjørtoft?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
BoyBrumby said:
Only know three of yours I'm afraid. I can see Fat Gray & Punter, but why Fjørtoft?
Fjørtoft - taken over Lillestrøm SK and made them into our Arsenal - think there's about one Norwegian left there now. (Same reason as Arsenal, btw, there's little money). Also moans about other coaches at regular intervals. He gets plus points for sticking by the coach when the owner sacked him tho, which is why he's on the bottom (i.e. "least" hated) of the list. And plus points for his football skills (which took him all the way to Swindon... :D ), but no one remembers that now. Same with Rekdal, really - legend on field, bit of a <censored> off it. Big mouth.

The others:

Hedrick - speed skater with exceptionally big mouth and awful technique
Kramer - too good speed skater who always wins on the last lap
Tauber - druggie cross-country skier who isn't caught yet.
Botvinov - must have been taking things for ages

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Always hated Fjortoft tbh, because we were neck and neck with Middlesbrough (oh, how times have changed :@ ) on deadline day 95, they signed Fjortoft, we failed to sign Gary "Psycho" Bennett, they went up, we lost to Reading in the play-offs, I cried, whites never hit such heights again, things ended up so bad that Dave Watson actually became our manager. DAVE WATSON. All because we never signed Jan Aage Fjortoft

Anyway, my personal choice is Sam Allardyce, Bolton ****

DCC_legend

International Regular
Steven Gerrard
Jose Mourinho
Duncan Fletcher (i Support england but i hate the guy)
Rio Ferdinand (crap, overated centerback-Should play in the championship tbh)
Roman Abramovich (has ruined english football with all the money, but saying that chelski arnt doing too well this season)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Floyd Landis.

I'll give you 50c to go ring somebody who cares.
haha so true.... it'd be worth giving him a dollar to shut up though imo

oh, and for my list....

Mark Skaife
Rick Kelly
Chad Gibson
The Entire Portugese Football team
Gordon Tallis
Mick Lewis
Graeme Smith

Last edited: