• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Ginger XI

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I can't remember why, but I got into a discussion today about what the best XI in the world exclusively comprising ginger players would be. We managed to find several midfielders but precious little else. The challenge is now to find a better ginger XI than each other by Monday.

Current squad follows... Any ideas?

Peter Ramage
Jody Craddock
Jon Arne Riise

Neil Lennon
Nicky Butt
Paul Scholes
Steve Sidwell
Mark Pembridge
Michael Svensson

Gareth Sheldon
John Hartson
Tommy Johnson

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well the quality of that side certainly tells us something...can't think of any betters tbh but Strachan is a shoe-in to be the manager

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Your squad looks short of defenders. Hayden Foxe is the only one I can think of, though.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Provisional:

GK ?
RB Peter Ramage
LB John Arne Riise
CB Alexei Lalas
CB Wes Brown
RM Alan Ball
LM Michael Svensson
CM Gordon Strachan
CM Paul Scholes
ST John Hartson
ST Tommy Johnston

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neil Pickup said:
I can't remember why, but I got into a discussion today about what the best XI in the world exclusively comprising ginger players would be. We managed to find several midfielders but precious little else. The challenge is now to find a better ginger XI than each other by Monday.

Current squad follows... Any ideas?

The first idea that popped into my head is that it would be a good idea to obtain a 30+ sunscreen sponsorship from Banana Boat.

Shirts could be emblazoned with 'The Cancer Council' logo.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ideas for names for the stadium:

The Ginga Ninjatorium
"The Red Cross Give Blood" Nutdome
Gingernut Haven

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain

Australia's finest ginger, he has a premiership medallion anyway.

What about a kit?

Australia's 1993 effort sported by a young Kevin Muscat would have to be a frontrunner, it's a pity I can't find a still of Slater in it. A team full of gingers in fiorentina's purple kit would be a sight to behold as well.