Cricket Player Manager
Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ** Official Cricketweb Horseracing thread **

Put a treble on this morning, anchoring Black Caviar in the last leg. Knew a few of the horses in the first leg like Once Were Wild, so I chucked him in - didn't have a clue in the next leg, so just threw 6-7 horses in. Including the $56 shot... bang! $5 for 14 percent of $950.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Nice work. It's your Wally Grout then.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Favourite day of the year for racing today. Midnight Club looks the one to beat in the national, he's eleven pounds lower than his fellow-favourite Don't Push it plus his jockey Ruby Walsh's got a much better record in the race than Mccoy.

I'm not really a favourite backer though. Ballabriggs is on some great form and looks a bit of value at 12/1. The last horse to beat Ballabriggs was Skippers Brigg whose at 33/1. Skippers Brigg's a bit of a gamble but I think he's worth it for some each way money.
    Last edited by cover drive man; 09-04-2011 at 07:59 AM.
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

-Tolstoy

Kentucky Derby favourite Uncle Mo runs in the Wood Memorial today. Betfair have him at $4 to win the Triple Crown this year, which is amazing considering it hasn't been done since 1978.

I'm worried about whether Uncle Mo is ready for Churchill Downs - he never broke out of a canter in beating a five-horse field at his first start for the season, and this is his last start before the Derby. Some alarm bells ringing, for mine.

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    Favourite day of the year for racing today. Midnight Club looks the one to beat in the national, he's eleven pounds lower than his fellow-favourite Don't Push it plus his jockey Ruby Walsh's got a much better record in the race than Mccoy.

I'm not really a favourite backer though. Ballabriggs is on some great form and looks a bit of value at 12/1. The last horse to beat Ballabriggs was Skippers Brigg whose at 33/1. Skippers Brigg's a bit of a gamble but I think he's worth it for some each way money.

Good call there! Had to put the bet on last night, managed to pull 3rd and 4th on each way, so a few quid back there, only wasted a tenner on bets though
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    Kentucky Derby favourite Uncle Mo runs in the Wood Memorial today. Betfair have him at $4 to win the Triple Crown this year, which is amazing considering it hasn't been done since 1978.

I'm worried about whether Uncle Mo is ready for Churchill Downs - he never broke out of a canter in beating a five-horse field at his first start for the season, and this is his last start before the Derby. Some alarm bells ringing, for mine.
    Jeepers. My alarm bells were for the Kentucky Derby, not for the bloody Wood Memorial. Haven't seen the performance yet, but ****. How did he not win against that bunch? There goes his undefeated record.

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Good call there! Had to put the bet on last night, managed to pull 3rd and 4th on each way, so a few quid back there, only wasted a tenner on bets though
    Thanks

Still can't quite believe what happened in the Hawke's Bay Gold Cup today.

Seaflyte led all the way and kicked clear, and he had the race won. But then, about 50m from the line, he did this...

Horse and jockey were OK, luckily. But jeez. Went from being the winner to getting nothing at all.

And it sucks, because it was an impressive performance until then - he was terrific for 2150m of the 2200m.

Guineas Weekend this weekend. Couple of late nights for me. Can't wait.

It's hard to see Frankel being beaten in the 2000, but the 1000 looks wide open.

Um, wow. Frankel has left me completely speechless. That's one of the greatest performances I've ever seen.

Meanwhile, in the harness racing world, the magical mark of 1.50 for the mile was SMASHED last night, by Smoken Up. First time ever it has been broken in Australasia and what's more, he paced the mile in 1.48.5.

That's incredible.

Wow, I loved the performance of Blue Bunting to win the 1000 Guineas. That was a huge, sustained sprint down the outside.

And a great ride by Dettori - beautifully timed. I guess you could say the 2011 Guineas weekend was all about Frankel and Frankie.

Just checked out So You Think's first-up run in the Group 3 at Curragh last night. An effortless 10-length win isn't bad...

Yeah, awesome performance. Can't wait to see him go up against Workforce.

Saw this today:

Indeed.

Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread Information