Cricket Player Manager
Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    2-0 up biatch!!
    RIP Craigos

the mavs blowout the warriors in game 2, all of the sudden, the warriors are all getting "unfairly called", baron davis and stephen jackson get ejected for behaving like spoilt brats...the warriors once again started off well but the fact of the matter is the mavs were definitely the better team from the 2nd quarter onwards and the warriors looked like they just couldn't stomach losing their edge....let's see whether don nelson can bring them back to their competitive best even though the mavs have now tasted blood so to speak...

Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    the mavs blowout the warriors in game 2, all of the sudden, the warriors are all getting "unfairly called", baron davis and stephen jackson get ejected for behaving like spoilt brats...the warriors once again started off well but the fact of the matter is the mavs were definitely the better team from the 2nd quarter onwards and the warriors looked like they just couldn't stomach losing their edge....let's see whether don nelson can bring them back to their competitive best even though the mavs have now tasted blood so to speak...
    I think experience came into play in this game. The Warriors lost their composure and cool when facing a tough challenge for the first time against Dallas this season. Not many expected the Warriors to give the Mavs trouble, so they had no pressure on them. If they lose, they were expected to. If they win, then they pull of a huge upset. They won the first game. After that, they feel pressure to win game 2. Once they saw that things weren't going their way, they imploded and lost their cool. It's unforgivable for the two best and most experienced players to act like that and get ejected. Anyway, I felt the Mavs did a better job of contesting the matchup problems they face against the Warriors. They still aren't looking like the #1 seed that they are, but I'm hoping yesterday was the turning point. I know the Mavs will have a rowdy crowd to deal with in Oaktown. Unlike Barkley, I don't think it's going to be easy. Funny thing is, probably any other potential matchups in the first round would've been easier for the Mavs (Lakers, Clippers etc). They just ran into a team that gives them matchup problems.

I dont understand this so called 'Unfair Calls'. Why cant the players just accept the calls and move on. They dont say anything when those unfair calls go in their favor.

Sometime it is in their favor, at times it is not. Eventually it evens out and its not that refs are doing it on purpose. Really this whole complaining and bitching gets on my nerves esp. in NBA because there you have so many opportunities to score.

Lastly someone should take care of this Stephen Jackson Guy, He is an owesome offesnive player but a huge huge distraction,trouble maker to have in any team. No wonder Spurs passed him away at the first opportunity.
    Last edited by Sanz; 26-04-2007 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Funny thing is, probably any other potential matchups in the first round would've been easier for the Mavs (Lakers, Clippers etc). They just ran into a team that gives them matchup problems.
    You know what that's what I have been thinking all along, but this is a myth that is floated in the media and somehow gotten into MAVs mind. Warriors are a actually a very good team or atleast have some very good players who have been underforming in the last few seasnos. Bt after watching them in this series esp yesterday it seems that they somehow have performed well against Mavs and also that MAvs have underperformed against them.

I dont think Golden State should win another game in this series unless MAVs allow them to and hence change my prediction to 4-1 in favor of Mavericks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    You know what that's what I have been thinking all along, but this is a myth that is floated in the media and somehow gotten into MAVs mind. Warriors are a actually a very good team or atleast have some very good players who have been underforming in the last few seasnos. Bt after watching them in this series esp yesterday it seems that they somehow have performed well against Mavs and also that MAvs have underperformed against them.

I dont think Golden State should win another game in this series unless MAVs allow them to and hence change my prediction to 4-1 in favor of Mavericks.
    you are in agreement with charles barkley then?

I didn't hear what he said, I was on and off during the game. If that's what he said then then I guess I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    I didn't hear what he said, I was on and off during the game. If that's what he said then then I guess I am.
    not exactly but he said at the half that the mavs will win it and then win the next 3, his major grouse was that dirk was taking too many jumpers and not driving to the basket more and punishing the much smaller warriors in the paint(their tallest player is 6'8'')....i agree with both of you, this is in the mav's hands now...

Me and my friends will be going to Game 5 of Mavs/Warriors on Tuesday. Can't wait! Playoff atmosphere is so electric and it's always fun to attend a live game. Since we bought the tickets from a ticket agency, it cost us $90 for $20 seats! Oh well, worth it IMO.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Me and my friends will be going to Game 5 of Mavs/Warriors on Tuesday. Can't wait! Playoff atmosphere is so electric and it's always fun to attend a live game. Since we bought the tickets from a ticket agency, it cost us $90 for $20 seats! Oh well, worth it IMO.
    Jealous!
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Planning on going to a Bulls game in the second round.

State Vice-Captain ohtani's jacket's Avatar
    When was the last time a defending champ lost in the first round? Maybe the '84 Sixers?

Quote Originally Posted by ohtani's jacket View Post
    When was the last time a defending champ lost in the first round? Maybe the '84 Sixers?
    Could be the Bulls after MJ's last title. I think that was in '98. Did they even make the playoffs the next year?

Anyway I wouldn't count the Heat out just yet. Any Mavs fan can tell you they're capable of bouncing back from a 0-2 hole!

The way D-Wade is playing, I dont expect them to win more than 1 game against Bulls. But even if they prove me wrong and go on to win this series, they will be embarrassed and humiliated by Pistons by a 4-0.

the lakers pull one back in desperation time! didn't think last year's strategy would work with stoudemire in the mix but it has for one game at least now let's see how the suns respond...

Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread Information