• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Peter Brock Dead! RIP!!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
One of the Greatest Racing Car drivers Australia has produced has been killed in a racing Accident in WA today..

This is a very very sad day...

Peter was one of my hero's growing up... A super man, who i had the pleasure of meeting a couple of times through a family friend and he was as nice a person anyone could meet...

Peter you are a Hero and I will remember you forever...

RIP...

nibbs

International Captain
oh dear. terrible week for australians.

i dear say, the team brock racing crew polo i once owned, that peter signed for me when i worked on the team brock merchandise stand at pukekohe event in 2002 must be worth a lot more now. i sold it for $100, but it hindsight, i probably could've got more for it now. during this weekend, i had to help peter sign autographs when he was over at the stand. he perhaps wasn't as polite as he could've been, but at least when i stopped him, and introduced myself, he took the time to shake my hand.

godspeed

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
another tradgedy as Peter Brock has been killed today in a rally in perth. He has been a wonderful ambassador for motor racing in this country and will be greatfully missed.

If loosing S the croc hunter Erwin wasnt bad enough in a life time we loose two big massive ozzie icons in one week,

Our deapest sympathies go out to the Brock Family.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
nibbs said:
oh dear. terrible week for australians.

i dear say, the team brock racing crew polo i once owned, that peter signed for me when i worked on the team brock merchandise stand at pukekohe event in 2002 must be worth a lot more now. i sold it for $100, but it hindsight, i probably could've got more for it now. during this weekend, i had to help peter sign autographs when he was over at the stand. he perhaps wasn't as polite as he could've been, but at least when i stopped him, and introduced myself, he took the time to shake my hand.

godspeed
I've heard he was known for his arrogance, but that shouldn't distract from what a wonderful racing driver he was.

pasag

RTDAS
Also some of the Bali 9 were found this week to be facing execution becuase of appealing. Death by firing squad. Rather shocking as well.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
I've heard he was known for his arrogance, but that shouldn't distract from what a wonderful racing driver he was.

true, the danger is certainly part of motor sport, 2 iconic Aussies killed doing what they love inside a week of each other. :( very sad.

Natman20

International Debutant
Truely a weird week. Bye Steve who I can remember for .... probably forever and Peter Brock who I enjoyed watching race. At least they both have gone doing what they love best.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
pasag said:
Also some of the Bali 9 were found this week to be facing execution becuase of appealing. Death by firing squad. Rather shocking as well.

it is also sad however there fate was in there own hands, they dont have the stuff strapped to them and they wouldnt be in this terrible situation however death by firing squad isnt fair as terrorists get 3 years etc