Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 988
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Major League Baseball

  1. #76
    International Regular Josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,903
    Orioles fan.

    Can't be arsed to see if I've posted previously in this thread.

  2. #77
    International Regular Josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Orioles fan.

    Can't be arsed to see if I've posted previously in this thread.
    Turns out I have... on this very page...

  3. #78
    Cricketer Of The Year James90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,572
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    Opening Day 2008 isn't far away, so what do people think of the season ahead?

    I've switched allegiance to the Mets. Quality bunch of players (particularly a fan of Wright), and so choke-prone that the season keeps its interest right to the end.

    I see both the Mets and the Yankees are getting flash new stadiums for 2009 right next door to the old ones. The new Mets stadium looks really nice, it's much smaller than Shea and apparently all the seats will have more foot room and will be closer to the action. Meanwhile, the new Yankee Stadium is pretty much a replica of the current one.
    And what might be the point of that?
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

    CricketWeb Black!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

  4. #79
    Hall of Fame Member _Ed_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Auckland, Aotearoa
    Posts
    19,799
    Very good question.


  5. #80
    Banned sideshowtim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by James90 View Post
    And what might be the point of that?
    People don't like change.

  6. #81
    International Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sutton Coldfield
    Posts
    4,412
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    Opening Day 2008 isn't far away, so what do people think of the season ahead?

    I've switched allegiance to the Mets. Quality bunch of players (particularly a fan of Wright), and so choke-prone that the season keeps its interest right to the end.

    I see both the Mets and the Yankees are getting flash new stadiums for 2009 right next door to the old ones. The new Mets stadium looks really nice, it's much smaller than Shea and apparently all the seats will have more foot room and will be closer to the action. Meanwhile, the new Yankee Stadium is pretty much a replica of the current one.
    Citi Field's actually modelled quite a lot on the old Ebbets Field, where the Dodgers used to play in Brooklyn. Would have been nice if they called it Jackie Robinson Stadium or something, but money talks. Looking quite good this season, reckon they're a bit too old and decrepid though. Good choice on Wright as well, he's a gun.

  7. #82
    Cricketer Of The Year James90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,572
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim View Post
    People don't like change.
    So why make a new stadium at all?

  8. #83
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,300
    Quote Originally Posted by James90 View Post
    So why make a new stadium at all?
    Well first, it's not an exact replica in EVERY sense. You can be sure that it would have more luxury suites than the current Yankee Stadium. I think the "look" of the stadium would be the same because Yankee Stadium is considered a legendary field. I would guess they want to preserve a tradition.

  9. #84
    Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    18,573
    Might be a good season for the Braves but unfortunately Philadelphia and Boston look contenders. Will be interesting to see how it goes without Andruw Jones. Could either end like last season or we'll be challenging for the playoffs. Don't see another divsion title run for the team for another couple seasons.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

    R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

  10. #85
    International Coach KiWiNiNjA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the kitchen
    Posts
    10,509
    Hopefully the Mariners have enough pitching now to make it through to the Playoffs.
    The Angels are pretty strong, but I think the M's could contend for the AL West and/or Wild Card.

    The acquistion of Bedard was a good one. Although we lost our most reliable set-up man in Sherril. Hopefully Bedard and Hernandez will be very solid. And with a bottom of the rotation of Silva, Washburn and Batista, the M's wont flop like they did last year.

    The loss of Guillen from the batting line-up should be felt pretty big, but hopefully youngster such has Balentein and Clement can step up.

    Only a couple of days to go until Opening Day. Looking forward to it.

  11. #86
    International Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sutton Coldfield
    Posts
    4,412
    Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    Hopefully the Mariners have enough pitching now to make it through to the Playoffs.
    The Angels are pretty strong, but I think the M's could contend for the AL West and/or Wild Card.

    The acquistion of Bedard was a good one. Although we lost our most reliable set-up man in Sherril. Hopefully Bedard and Hernandez will be very solid. And with a bottom of the rotation of Silva, Washburn and Batista, the M's wont flop like they did last year.

    The loss of Guillen from the batting line-up should be felt pretty big, but hopefully youngster such has Balentein and Clement can step up.

    Only a couple of days to go until Opening Day. Looking forward to it.
    M's are gonna have to make some running early in the season, Angels' co-aces in Lackey and Escobar down for at least a month each. Lot'll depend on whether Bedard can stay healthy IMO.

  12. #87
    International Regular Josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,903
    Bedard's a total gun.

  13. #88
    Hall of Fame Member _Ed_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Auckland, Aotearoa
    Posts
    19,799
    I just noticed that Dontrelle Willis is playing for the Tigers this season (I'm not good at keeping up with all the trades that take place).

    I find it a bit surprising that he's gone to an AL team, he's one of the best hitting pitchers in baseball and he won't ever have to bat for the Tigers. Thought maybe a NL team might try to pick him up.

  14. #89
    International Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sutton Coldfield
    Posts
    4,412
    Pretty much a throw in on the Miggy Cabrera deal. Would be awesome if they send him to pinch hit every now and again though.

  15. #90
    International Regular Josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,903
    Save him for the interleague games.

Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Lords Lounge..
    By lord_of_darkness in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 8600
    Last Post: 26-08-2010, 11:01 PM
  2. Cricket and Baseball
    By Stefano in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 26-03-2007, 07:05 AM
  3. Test Cricket - Information
    By Stefano in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 370
    Last Post: 04-08-2005, 08:30 PM
  4. Cricket v/s Baseball
    By chekmeout in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 26-07-2005, 04:56 PM
  5. Aussie Baseball Team?
    By thewizard1o1 in forum Olympic Games 2004
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 07:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •