• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Major League Baseball

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Manny Ramirez tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs and promptly retired. A pretty ****ty end to a great but tainted career.

_Ed_

Anyone have any thoughts on the issue of home plate collisions? Seems to be a big talking point at the moment.

A good point someone made in a game I was watching the other day is that this wouldn't have become such a massive debate if the player who got injured was less of a big-name player than Posey.

benchmark00

I'd like it kept the same, purely because it's exciting (in a weird way) and it's tradition, it's a part of the game.

But I think eventually it will change. Whether this means they'll eventually make the rule where you have to slide in to home base or not I'm not sure. But logic suggests that sooner or later they'll get rid of it.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I'd like it kept the same, purely because it's exciting (in a weird way) and it's tradition, it's a part of the game.

But I think eventually it will change. Whether this means they'll eventually make the rule where you have to slide in to home base or not I'm not sure. But logic suggests that sooner or later they'll get rid of it.
+1. The monkey speaks wisely.

_Ed_

Amazing how poor Pujols has been so far this season (by his standards) - hitting only .264.

Meanwhile, the Mets are about to hit rock bottom. They're heading for a second consecutive loss to the Pirates FFS.

DingDong

State Captain
pujols' mind isnt in the game it's all to do with the stupid contract stuff

hes never gonna get the 300 mil he wants anywhere so he should let it go and stick around in st louis

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
In NY from 25 September to 29 September, so we're hoping to catch the Mets v the Reds on the Monday night.

_Ed_

Awesome! I'd love to go to a baseball game. I'm hoping to make it to the US next year, so maybe I can go to a game then.

Fusion

Global Moderator
In NY from 25 September to 29 September, so we're hoping to catch the Mets v the Reds on the Monday night.
If the Yankees are playing those days in NY, then I would suggest you watch them instead. They have the better stadium and obviously the bigger star power.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
If the Yankees are playing those days in NY, then I would suggest you watch them instead. They have the better stadium and obviously the bigger star power.
Anyone would think I hadn't already looked up the schedule to see who was playing in NY at the time... :dry:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Rangers on a 12 game winning streak and pitching lights out! This is the best stretch of pitching I've seen from the Rangers in my lifetime (I know that's not really saying much). It would be great to get some separation between us and the Angels right now. Most of our remaining games against them are on the road (in fact, most of our remaining division games are on the road).