• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A decent ref might have helped....
haha you're kidding, the shield was decent, thompson might have been offside for one goal but that was the linesmans fault. Adelaide cant blame anyone but themselves...

Simon

This Federici guy for Reading looks like an excellent prospect, surely has to be a future socceroo keeper...

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Good final i thought, well played Melbourne in the end. After such a crap season last year they did quite well this time around.

Archie Thompson gunning away tbh.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
This Federici guy for Reading looks like an excellent prospect, surely has to be a future socceroo keeper...
He looked very good against Man U, but i remember Jones having a similar type of game against Arsenal. I guess it really depends who gets 1st Team Football first. I don't think our keeping stocks are that bad, we got a lot of players in Europe and most of the A-League goal keeper have played in Europe or are of that standard.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Archie Thompson is the greatest man alive.

Fred is up there too :cool:

And I called a goal from Sarkies the minute he was subbed on at the 89th minute. :cool:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1 I only know Stan - Marc Robbins 922
2 Roar FC - Andrew Cloete 810
3 Chaulkstars - Ashley Chaulk 793
4 Team Matteh - Mat Mitchell 716
5 Westies FC - Brendon Goff 687
6 PSV Eindhoven - Simon Fitzsimmons 673

Simon

maybe i should have paid more attention to it, had guys like Murdocca and Alessandro who hardly played...

Simon

Melbourne Victory today signed Ljubo Milicevic from FC Thun, he is still only 26 so thats an excellent signing for them. I'm surprised he's come back to Australia now cause i dont think his time in europe is up...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Melbourne Victory today signed Ljubo Milicevic from FC Thun, he is still only 26 so thats an excellent signing for them. I'm surprised he's come back to Australia now cause i dont think his time in europe is up...
I think gettng continual over looked for a spot in the Australia sqaud played a big role. Should get more chances with Tiger Cup sqauds and some Asian quailfiers mainly picked from Australian based players. Also playing alongside Leijer should increase both their chances, if Leijer isn't picked in the Asia Cup, there is something seriously wrong considering our lack of depth down the left hand side.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently he had numerous offers from Premier League Clubs but was unable to get a work permit..

Craig

World Traveller
Kosmina (sp?) has quite.

He is up there with Recoba with outlandish statements that haveh ad egg on their faces.

Simon

he was gonna get sacked anyway, hes only got himself to blame really, Australian football is better off without him...