• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ v AUS Rugby League Test- May 5

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally Posted By Broncoman
yeh risk benji early again and see him suffer another injury, some people just never learn...
why dont they give him the year off, get himself right and hopefully for everyone's sake he'll play 24 games in 2007...
Because the injury is nowhere near as bad as what the media reported... Its highly likely that he will not even need surgery at the end of the season because his shoulder is still all in tact...

The media beat it up to make it alot worse then it was, he was walking around without a sling the very next day, and trust me if it was as bad as the media had made it out to be he wouldnt have been doing that...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
chaminda_00 said:
You got to remember he is one of Ricky's favorites and his been in awsome form. But if Crocker or Simpson get picked infront of him it wouldn't matter.
HAHAHA Menzies in awesome form... PLEASE!!! Kennedy has carried the Manly backrow all season, Menzies and What Now have been very ordinary...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blewy said:
HAHAHA Menzies in awesome form... PLEASE!!! Kennedy has carried the Manly backrow all season, Menzies and What Now have been very ordinary...
Menzies has played pretty well, but watmough has been crap... Beavers rep days are over, well at least they should be...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The thing with Marshall which makes me feel alot more confident is the forward pack he will be playing behind... The Kiwis stick up for each other, and guys like Wiki, Cayless, Sonny Bill etc will not let their little guys get smashed..

As for can they play 80mins, Marshall yes, Sonny Bill i would say no because he's a forward and in a test its tough for a forward to got the 80 mins...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Im just thinking the Kiwis have to pick a half back on the bench just in case, or if they want to play him at 5/8 after the first 30 minutes or so. I can't see him dominating the game at half back. He needs someone to direct him around, but i don't think the Kiwis have that type of player. It would be interesting to see what they do.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I will not be surprised to see Lance Hoahia picked as Half, if for nothing more then to direct the team around the field... This would allow Marshall to play in his natural position...

I also fail to see why people are so confident Australia will win, Until the Aussie selectors start picking the team on form the Kiwis will ALWAYS be a danger, and until i see the Aussie side i am not prepared to say the Aussies will win..

Simon

Blewy said:
I will not be surprised to see Lance Hoahia picked as Half, if for nothing more then to direct the team around the field... This would allow Marshall to play in his natural position...

I also fail to see why people are so confident Australia will win, Until the Aussie selectors start picking the team on form the Kiwis will ALWAYS be a danger, and until i see the Aussie side i am not prepared to say the Aussies will win..
yeh pick the team on form, how did that go for us last year? we picked guys like Cooper and Prince and we lost...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Blewy said:
Apparently Thomas Leuluai is more likely, how has he been playing in England Sted, crap as usually?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
IMO Union is a mans sport. League is something that should be kept to the backyard or local park- occasionaly beach.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
yeh pick the team on form, how did that go for us last year? we picked guys like Cooper and Prince and we lost...
Overall the side wasn't really picked on form Prince and a couple others were the only exceptions.

Simon

GoT_SpIn said:
IMO Union is a mans sport. League is something that should be kept to the backyard or local park- occasionaly beach.
how bout u go and talk union in the union threads...

Simon

chaminda_00 said:
Overall the side wasn't really picked on form Prince and a couple others were the only exceptions.
still my point is that proven guys like Lockyer, Johns, Hindmarsh weren't in the side and we got pumped, you pick the best players even if they are down on form a bit, Locky has always played well for australia, we've only ever lost 1 match hes played in and he always stands up even if his club form hasnt been great...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
still my point is that proven guys like Lockyer, Johns, Hindmarsh weren't in the side and we got pumped, you pick the best players even if they are down on form a bit, Locky has always played well for australia, we've only ever lost 1 match hes played in and he always stands up even if his club form hasnt been great...
Its all about balance really if you pick the side purely on proven preformances then Cooper might have the edge over the form player in Hodges. Personally i would have them both in the side wing, centre it doesn't matter.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
LOL are you seriously saying they picked last seasons team on form?? That is the biggest joke i've ever heard...

Half the side had not played for the last 4 weeks of the season, but yeah they were all in form...