Cricket Player Manager
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 349

Thread: The 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

  1. #151
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,602
    Well my Mavs lost Game 1. I'm really disapointed because we should've won that game, considering we were rested and the Spurs were coming off a grueling series. But what a battle that was! It was played close all game (no team had a double digit lead at any time). I expect the rest of the games to be similar. I believe this is NBA at its best.

  2. #152
    Cricketer Of The Year Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    9,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion
    Well my Mavs lost Game 1. I'm really disapointed because we should've won that game, considering we were rested and the Spurs were coming off a grueling series. But what a battle that was! It was played close all game (no team had a double digit lead at any time). I expect the rest of the games to be similar. I believe this is NBA at its best.
    don't worry...this is going to go down to the wire....i just hope whoever is the winner doesn't get so exhausted that they will end up losing the finals to the clippers(who i am predicting will make the finals )....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

  3. #153
    International Captain Dravid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,096
    Is it just me, or are the heat getting their *** kicked!? 77-54 in 3rd with 6:40 to go

  4. #154
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    It is better if they lose here, else pistons will humilate them in the finals. All at a sudden they look pathetic and one man team.


  5. #155
    Cricketer Of The Year Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    9,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravid
    Is it just me, or are the heat getting their *** kicked!? 77-54 in 3rd with 6:40 to go
    doesn't matter who goes through, the pistons are going to win the eastern conf....

  6. #156
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,602
    Well it's about 11 min to go in the 4th, and Pistons lead the Cavs 80-61. This after humiliating them in Game 1. You know, King James will eventually take over the NBA and win plenty of titles, but right now he is being schooled.

  7. #157
    International Captain Buddhmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Same place as the Ashes
    Posts
    5,615
    Cmon Pistons. We're gonna take this out easy

  8. #158
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion
    King James will eventually take over the NBA and win plenty of titles, but right now he is being schooled.
    King James wont win a championship with Cleaveland (Hey we live in Pittsburgh and we know them much better than anyone else )

    And congratulations on your blowout win. As i said Mavs look better than Spurs and spurs are lucky that they are not 0-2.

  9. #159
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    King James wont win a championship with Cleaveland (Hey we live in Pittsburgh and we know them much better than anyone else )

    And congratulations on your blowout win. As i said Mavs look better than Spurs and spurs are lucky that they are not 0-2.
    Well thank you! But I think you underestimate the Spurs. Until the Mavs actually win the series, I will continue to think the Spurs are better. But that win yesterday sure did feel good!

  10. #160
    Cricketer Of The Year Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    9,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion
    Well thank you! But I think you underestimate the Spurs. Until the Mavs actually win the series, I will continue to think the Spurs are better. But that win yesterday sure did feel good!
    poppovich needs to come up with a scheme to stop the mav's lane penetration, they were getting into the paint almost at will yesterday and the spurs' vaunted defense looked tired and listless...in any case, either team don't look likely to stop the pistons right now....

  11. #161
    International Captain Dravid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,096
    Nets are getting killed...looks like game 1 was just a fluke

  12. #162
    Cricketer Of The Year Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    9,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravid
    Nets are getting killed...looks like game 1 was just a fluke
    both nets and the heat have been very inconsistent in the regular season and that form is continuing into the playoffs, that's all....look at how up-and-down miami was against chicago....when they are good, they can be really good, when they are bad, they can be horrible.....

  13. #163
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion
    Well thank you! But I think you underestimate the Spurs. Until the Mavs actually win the series, I will continue to think the Spurs are better. But that win yesterday sure did feel good!
    I am not underestimating Spurs, but they are not playing their best now. They may very well win the series but that doesn't necessarily mean they are playing better. IMO Mavs are playing at a much higher level than the Spurs. Common these spurs were stretched to 6 games against Kings, Mavs swept the Grizs.

  14. #164
    Cricketer Of The Year Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    9,867
    clippers lead 116-94 with 2 min remaining in the 4th...looks like they will level the series.... hope they go on to beat phoenix....

  15. #165
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil
    poppovich needs to come up with a scheme to stop the mav's lane penetration, they were getting into the paint almost at will yesterday and the spurs' vaunted defense looked tired and listless...in any case, either team don't look likely to stop the pistons right now....

    Why not? These are the two best teams in the Western Conference. So even if they beat up on each other in a game, that doesn't necessarily mean their level of play is poor. It's like Boxing and one heavyweight had a great round...there's still plenty more rounds to go! I think both these teams can defeat the Spurs. That's not to say they will, but they have a shot. IMO, the Pistons, Spurs, and Mavs are all very close to each other in terms of talent.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 389
    Last Post: 06-10-2013, 11:25 AM
  2. Tech Geeks Thread
    By SupaFreak2005 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 233
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 04:15 PM
  3. *Official* CW English Meet-Up
    By Neil Pickup in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 3333
    Last Post: 21-05-2012, 10:48 AM
  4. *Official* ICC Inter-continental cup 2006
    By TIF in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 12:52 AM
  5. Australian Open Predicitions Thread 2006
    By Simon in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 235
    Last Post: 01-02-2006, 04:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •