• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Open Predicitions Thread 2006

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bugger missed the last few days because I went down to Anglesea for a nice summer holiday. Missed some great tennis though as we had no tv.

Anyway I'll tip Federer.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm almost tempted to go for Kiefer out of bloody mindedness, but can't go against the big fella. Tip in bold:

Nicolas Kiefer (GER)[21] vs Roger Federer (SUI)[1]

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Overall Scores
Burkey 352
Simon 330
Archie 314
Blaze 312
Hakon 309
Brumby 306
Gideon 276
Pratyush 275
Buddhmaster 265
Waughney 254
Jamee 211
Jono 201
Jack 165
Dydl 154
Shaka 152
Cloete 143
Robertinho 80

day 13 matches - worth 64 points
Justine Henin Hardenne vs Amelie Maursemo

Last edited:

Blaze

Banned
Edit- I have changed my mind. It is still only 11am Australian time so I hope this is alright.

Mauresmo

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Overall Scores
Blaze 376
Burkey 352
Pratyush 339
Simon 330
Archie 314
Hakon 309
Brumby 306
Gideon 276
Jamee 276
Jono 265
Buddhmaster 265
Waughney 254
Shaka 216
Jack 165
Cloete 143
Robertinho 80

day 14 match - worth 64 points
Roger Federer (SUI)[1] vs Marcos Baghdatis (CYP)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bit of a no-brainer, but the force does seem to be with Baghdatis so you never know. Anyhow, I'm still going for the greatest living Englishman (tip in bold):

Roger Federer (SUI)[1] vs Marcos Baghdatis (CYP)