• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby team with cricket stars

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
Just for the fun of it....think about making a rugby team with Cricket stars....i know we dont know how good they are in rugby..but considering their physical appearrance and cricketting skills give your cricketers rugby XV !!! :wacko:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Chris Cairns played fullback for NZ Schools.
Brendon McCullum was a handy 10 for Kings and Otago age-group teams.
Herschelle Gibbs played to a pretty good level at 10.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Voltman said:
Chris Cairns played fullback for NZ Schools.
Brendon McCullum was a handy 10 for Kings and Otago age-group teams.
Herschelle Gibbs played to a pretty good level at 10.
Kasper used to be a gun rugby player apparently, i think his brother still plays or something?

I'd nominate Andrew Symonds for a go though, he was thinking of trying out for the Broncos NRL team, but same thing really.

Lyell_Chris

U19 12th Man
Jeff Wilson played for the all blacks and the black caps
Inzi has to be in the front row
Ian Botham played in a few charity rugby matches when he retired

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
My XV
---------

props - Arjuna Ranathunga , Inzimam ul haq
hooker - Shane Warne
Second rows - Cris Cairns, Tom Moody
Flankers - Mathew Hayden ,
No 8 - Graham Smith
Scrum Half - Jhonty Rhodes
Fly Half - Hershelle Gibbs
Centers - Yuvraj Singh, Micheal Bevan
Wingers - Mohamad Kaif, Jeff wilson
Full back - Kumar Sangakkara (lol)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
1 Inzamam-ul-Haq
2 Shane Warne
3 Ian Blackwell
4 Andre Nel
5 Marcus Trescothick
6 Michael Kasprowicz
7 Andrew Symonds
8 Andrew Flintoff
9 AB De Villiers
10 Herschelle Gibbs
11 Jeff Wilson
12 Simon Jones
13 Justin Kemp
14 Brett Lee
15 Chris Cairns

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
Kasper used to be a gun rugby player apparently, i think his brother still plays or something?

yeah his brother is still going round i think, not sure which team for though.

Hayden would be solid on one wing i reakon

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nookie_lk said:
Flankers - Mathew Hayden ,
No 8 - Graham Smith
Personally I'd say Ponting's more of a flanker than Hayden and Smith is the biggest flanker of the lot, so move Hayden to 8.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil Pickup said:
Rudi van Vuuren has played in both Cricket and Rugby World Cups, so I think he merits a place!
Wasn't that for Nimibia though? Can hardly say he plays both sports well though.. :laugh:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Personally I'd say Ponting's more of a flanker than Hayden and Smith is the biggest flanker of the lot, so move Hayden to 8.
Question that's always been at the back of my head whenever I watch union. What the hell is the point of the flankers?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
Question that's always been at the back of my head whenever I watch union. What the hell is the point of the flankers?
Because union has a contested breakdown, they're there to secure the ball.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Barney Rubble said:
1 Inzamam-ul-Haq
2 Shane Warne
3 Ian Blackwell
4 Andre Nel
5 Marcus Trescothick
6 Michael Kasprowicz
7 Andrew Symonds
8 Andrew Flintoff
9 AB De Villiers
10 Herschelle Gibbs
11 Jeff Wilson
12 Simon Jones
13 Justin Kemp
14 Brett Lee
15 Chris Cairns
Lol Ian Blackwell as a prop....

open365

International Vice-Captain
steds said:
they're 2 of the most influential players on the pitch.

you wouldn't understand,leauge scrums are gay.

Blaze

Banned
You would have to put Wilson at first five if you were to have any chance. He would have to be the playmaker seeing as he was actually a world class rugby player.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
You would have to put Wilson at first five if you were to have any chance. He would have to be the playmaker seeing as he was actually a world class rugby player.
Just because he was a world-class rugby player, doesn't mean he's a good playmaker.

How about Eric Tindill. The only man to play test cricket and test rugby for NZ. He was a first-five too. Incidentally, he also umpired test cricket and refereed test rugby.