• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowling!..

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
For the people who've known me for quite a while on CW and my passion for the game.. moreso for playin.. and how ive always talked about me and off spin.. now people who have watched me in a game etc.. say that my action from start to end is a typical harbajan ... and i didnt quite believe it so i had to get a few clips done... comments?

.. how the hell could i have similar action.. is it just coincidence? ... is what startles me..

Heres the clip below..

Bowlin

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
The run-up looks very reminiscent of Harbhajan, but the actual point of delivery is quite different. That's what it looks like from that angle, anyway.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Adamc said:
The run-up looks very reminiscent of Harbhajan, but the actual point of delivery is quite different. That's what it looks like from that angle, anyway.
Yep, I agree - the whole tippy-toe bit with the whirling arms. Just missing the turban, though.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
but the actual point of delivery is quite different. That's what it looks like from that angle, anyway.
yeh the actual point is just a bit hurried in this one.. but yeah i dont think i come quite as side on as he does during the point of delivery...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeh the run up is, ur action is pretty "busy" though, also i was always taught to try and keep my head still while bowling, something u obviously werent!
but yeh it does look a little like Harbajan

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
got one of me bowling on my msn space, see sig.. Will do a video when i can be bothered!
Rich has fought against discrimination and prejudice on and off the cricket field his entire life, and it only takes one look at his lack of an arm to see why..

Attachments

cricket player

International Debutant
lol I must say that your bowling action is really weird Langeveldt,

When you are releasing the ball your front foot is in the air.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
also i was always taught to try and keep my head still while bowling, something u obviously werent!
:O simon it is still.. only the follow through has my head going across the line after delivering the ball and then the body pivots back (in reverse motion) to face the batsmen front on.. thats the norm for an offie..

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was facing someone with a similar action just last week, it looked like he was trying to cast a bloody spell on the ball, it was quite distracting. I must say I like your little hop at the start, though.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
cricket player said:
lol I must say that your bowling action is really weird Langeveldt,

When you are releasing the ball your front foot is in the air.
It's after he's released the ball. He's on his follow through