• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official NRL Tips Discussion Thread**

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think the problem might be that there are TOO MANY coaches involved...and no doubt at the end of the year when they look over the wreckage, it'll come out that Tony Kemp had too many coaches around him.

I think Kemp will eventually make way for Cleary anyway..I don't think Kemp is any good.

I agree, I think there was so much pressure from the public & media here that the Warriors probably began to believe that it would fall into place for them yesterday.
It's probably a good wake-up call...and they've got an extremely tough next round match in Brisbane to get it right.

Although, they really had 2 good seasons..plus the one where they finally cracked the top 8.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
I think the problem might be that there are TOO MANY coaches involved...and no doubt at the end of the year when they look over the wreckage, it'll come out that Tony Kemp had too many coaches around him.

I think Kemp will eventually make way for Cleary anyway..I don't think Kemp is any good.

I agree, I think there was so much pressure from the public & media here that the Warriors probably began to believe that it would fall into place for them yesterday.
It's probably a good wake-up call...and they've got an extremely tough next round match in Brisbane to get it right.

Although, they really had 2 good seasons..plus the one where they finally cracked the top 8.
Yeah they had a couple of good seasons but that IMO has caused them to think they are automatically a top 8 side, and they have switched off a little...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blewy said:
Yeah they had a couple of good seasons but that IMO has caused them to think they are automatically a top 8 side, and they have switched off a little...
a little...
lol

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The Warriors can start by benching Francis Meli. I cannot count the number of times anymore that Meli makes a mistake in his own 20 which then leads to a try for the opposition.

I think they should select Byrne & Cooper Vuna (who really looks like a talented winger)

Simon

Tim said:
The Warriors can start by benching Francis Meli. I cannot count the number of times anymore that Meli makes a mistake in his own 20 which then leads to a try for the opposition.

I think they should select Byrne & Cooper Vuna (who really looks like a talented winger)
Clinton Toopi was absolutely dreadful yesterday, hes a muppet, would be a good start getting rid of him...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The sad thing is for me that Price and Wiki, are gonna bust their buts this year for nothing.. Both those guys deserve much more...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Toopi can stay. Steve Price was interviewed on a sports show tonight & he seems to think he can improve..lol thats encouraging.

The biggest concern is Stacey Jones & probably Lance Hohaia. They can barely kick the ball 30 metres.

Lol, lets not get carried away...its only round 1. Fair point, if we get to round 12 and they still haven't won though.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
Clinton Toopi was absolutely dreadful yesterday, hes a muppet, would be a good start getting rid of him...
So long as he keeps scoring tries for my fantasy teams im happy :p :p

Simon

Blewy said:
So long as he keeps scoring tries for my fantasy teams im happy :p :p
yeh, if u lost a point for every drop ball, u would have scored in the minus' on the weekend...

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Mister Wright said:
Johns has always been better than Fittler. Johns makes a **** team great, whereas Fittler makes a great team just a little better.

However, over the last 2-3 years Lockyer is starting to out play Johns and can now safely hold the 'Best Player In The World' tag, considering people don't want to give it to forwards like Webke.
Johns and Lockyer are both hands down better (and more complete) footballers then Fittler. Fittler used to get the roosters out of alot of tight spots, which is where i will think they will have big problems this season.

Webke is an absolute champion, but if you put him in the Souths team her would not have as grerat an impact as if you put say Johns or Lockyer in there. Its just a fact that playmakers have a touch more control of the game then everyone else. (That being said if the forwards decide to have a night off the the playmaker will look like total ****).

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
thewizard1o1 said:
Johns and Lockyer are both hands down better (and more complete) footballers then Fittler. Fittler used to get the roosters out of alot of tight spots, which is where i will think they will have big problems this season.

Webke is an absolute champion, but if you put him in the Souths team her would not have as grerat an impact as if you put say Johns or Lockyer in there. Its just a fact that playmakers have a touch more control of the game then everyone else. (That being said if the forwards decide to have a night off the the playmaker will look like total ****).
Any quality player should be able to get their team out of a tight spot, but every quality player cannot be the best player in the world - hence his over-rated tag.

Son Of Coco

Mister Wright said:
He had a left foot step and that was about it. He couldn't even step off the right.
Langer didn't have much either, but what he had he used effectively....similar story.

Son Of Coco

Mister Wright said:
Johns has always been better than Fittler. Johns makes a **** team great, whereas Fittler makes a great team just a little better.

However, over the last 2-3 years Lockyer is starting to out play Johns and can now safely hold the 'Best Player In The World' tag, considering people don't want to give it to forwards like Webke.
I'd say on current form you'd be right, considering Johns hasn't played a hell of a lot over the last year or so. When they're both firing it'd be a difficult choice for mine.

Mister Wright

Son Of Coco said:
Langer didn't have much either, but what he had he used effectively....similar story.
Langer had a much better kicking game then Fittler, he was no match for his pace and step, however he had better vision that Fittler.

Mister Wright

Son Of Coco said:
I'd say on current form you'd be right, considering Johns hasn't played a hell of a lot over the last year or so. When they're both firing it'd be a difficult choice for mine.
No, easy one, Lockyer, hands down.

Son Of Coco

broncoman said:
torrens lol, he doesnt make a full strength dragons anyway, barrett is useless...
hahaha, he's a very good useless though. I can understand why you boys from QLD don't like him...for the reasons Kyle mentioned.