• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby League - International

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BoyBrumby said:
TBF neither Aussie or Suncorp are owned by a Football team tho, are they? ManUre PLC probably only allow the Grand Final to be played there 'cos of the extra revenue.
Aussie Stadium is a mulit-purpose stadium.

The Bronocs lease Suncorp during the winter and Qld Roar have it for the spring/summer.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Mister Wright said:
Aussie Stadium is a mulit-purpose stadium.

The Bronocs lease Suncorp during the winter and Qld Roar have it for the spring/summer.
So not owned by the football clubs then?

Mister Wright

BoyBrumby said:
So not owned by the football clubs then?
As far as I know Suncorp Stadium is owned by the Queensland Government (but not 100% sure).

Can't tell you about Aussie Stadium.

sideshowtim

Banned
Watching the Super League grand final on TV, I was suprised how many people were there. I didn't think that league was all that popular in England but apparently it goes pretty well....

We will crush you in the Tri-Nations though. :p

Craig

World Traveller
How are Manly going to stay under the salary Cap with Lyon, Bell, Orford and Monaghan. I know Kennedy has retired but geez the mustn't be a lot of room left over.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
How are Manly going to stay under the salary Cap with Lyon, Bell, Orford and Monaghan. I know Kennedy has retired but geez the mustn't be a lot of room left over.
Monaghan cant be on that much, hes not even a rep player and neither was Bell when he signed...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
Honestly, more than a few teams have better rosters than Manly, especially seeing they lost Kennedy.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
GB team for NZ

From the beeb's site:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/international_and_australian/6076704.stm

Great Britain team: Wellens (St Helens), Carney (Newcastle Knights), Gleeson (Warrington), Senior (Leeds), Pryce (St Helens), McGuire (Leeds), Long (St Helens), Fielden (Wigan), Newton (Bradford), Morley (Sydney Roosters), Ellis (Leeds), Peacock (Leeds, captain), O'Loughlin (Wigan). Interchange: Roby (St Helens), Carvell (Hull), Hock (Wigan), Gilmour/Wilkin (both St Helens).

Fairly predictable, really. Gone for some beef in the pack, so think we'll be trying to win the game up there. Can't see it tho.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Fairly predictable, really.
Indeed. Wouldn't expect anything less than this pathetic from Noble.
Hock being in the 17 is a joke. As is Wilkin not even being certain of a place in the 17, never mind not starting ahead of O'Loughlin. Yeaman deserves a go ahead of Senior, who's done **** all for 2 seasons, too.
Would also feel safer with Graham instead of Carvell, but the scouse idiot should have thought about that before putting his hand through a car window.
We'd still lose to the aussies anyway, so I don't know why I'm moaning.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
we're playing the Kiwi's first up aren't we?

would have been better to play the Aussies, then we'd at least have a bit more practice as a side for the games we have a slightly better chance of winning

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bloody hell. Gleeson is having an absolute mare out there. First he totally ignores Carney when we had an overlap, then he offloads into touch when we're within NZ's ten-metre line & now he kicks straight to Webb who goes up the other end to score under the sticks.

We've looked ok til then too. Definitely had more of the pill & Newton has made some good yards, but we seriously lack a line-breaker.

Perm

The Kiwi's are looking a bit tired out there and GB's lack of gametime mean that this game isn't really up to much. I think Webb is having a pretty decent game, and is is Soliola. Jerome Ropati has been pretty average so far, couple of very poor kicks and got smashed in a big tackle by Morley I think it was.

PY

International Coach
Seems from listening to it that GB haven't been horrific today, definitely something to build on.

I don't know much about the state of things at the moment, were we actually expecting to win that?

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The thing is we can match Oz & NZ physically, more than match in fact, but we really lack class in the backs to get over the gain line. Our pack constantly delivers decent position & makes yards, but we just can't turn good field position into points. Gleeson had a shocker, his decision making just isn't up to the job, so we've gotta give Yeaman a go in the next test for mine.

I don't reckon we've had a back who could consistently break the line since Newlove.