Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: your best bowling/batting

your best bowling/batting

I don't know if this should go into Cricket chat but whatever.

What's the best ball you've bowled? My best delivery was in a school match where I was bowling with a lot of rhythm and pace and didn't give away much runs but didn't get a wicket either. So one ball I just gave a big rip and the ball spun from like 1 foot outside leg stump and hit the middle stump with a lot of pace. The batter moved to hit it but missed it completely.

My best batting feat was when in another match we needed 14 runs to win off the last 3 balls. The batter before me couldn't hit much, so he retired and I came to bat. And scored 2 boundaries off the first two balls and a six off the last.

Quote Originally Posted by ReallyCrazy
    I don't know if this should go into Cricket chat but whatever.

What's the best ball you've bowled? My best delivery was in a school match where I was bowling with a lot of rhythm and pace and didn't give away much runs but didn't get a wicket either. So one ball I just gave a big rip and the ball spun from like 1 foot outside leg stump and hit the middle stump with a lot of pace. The batter moved to hit it but missed it completely.

My best batting feat was when in another match we needed 14 runs to win off the last 3 balls. The batter before me couldn't hit much, so he retired and I came to bat. And scored 2 boundaries off the first two balls and a six off the last.
    I'm sure there was a similar thread somewhere... either in Cricket Chat or Backyard Cricket.
    "The optimum human population of earth is zero." - Dave Foreman

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    best batting shot - we were chasing about 6 an over and had a top order collapse, i went in at 3 for next to nothing. i went in and struggled for a few balls before deciding that we had to get abit of a move on, so the next ball i charged him and smashed him straight back over his head for 6 - stayed low, and went all the way onto a road.

best ball - the batsman was the oposing teams captain, quite over zealous with his celebtartions and generally annoying us, i was bowling to him and he was edging me everywhere annoying me farther. i was bowling off 2 steps because there was a step up onto the pitch (it was an away game so that annoyed me too) anyways i bowled an absolute ripper of an out swinger, heading down leg with sharp late swing back, trapping him on his crease in front of middle
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Best ball - got good drift into the guys legs he went to turn it into the leg side but it turned and he got a leading edge straight back to me, i nearly fluffed the catch but it got caught up in my jumper, which was way to big for me, and stuck.

Best Shot, not many to chose from but there was one where they put me in at 11 below this guy who was crap and i knew i was better than him, anyway i went in to partner him and we were gonna lose anyway. he got dropped and was playing and missing all over the shop. I went in and pulled the first ball over midwicket for 4, then i took 3, it was the 5th ball of the over - but he skied the last ball whilst trying to repeat my pull.

International Coach
    Favourite shot ever - Inside edge, ball hit stumps at fair pace, bails stayed on, rebounded off for 4. That was far from my best, but it was possibly the funniest, and it infuriated the bowler.

Favourite ball - my version of the Gatting ball.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

Pinball Champion!
    Best ball I guess was one that pitched into the rough outside the batsmans leg stump, turned behind him and clipped his stumps.. Although I have done that loads of times so its hard to pinpoint an individual ball..

My highest score is 83*, which at number 3 I batted for 40 overs, was not out at the end, and we lost the match

My best innings was 80*.. Against good old Richard Huish College from across the road.. "Flipping murdering" them after coming in when we were up sh*t creek at 70 odd for 7 was the most satisfying feeling I have had in cricket, without doubt. Made even better by the fact that I disliked the people I was playing both with and against

Best all round performance was 6 for 28 and 34 not out.. We were absolutely hammered that time
    Last edited by Langeveldt; 13-01-2005 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

State Vice-Captain BlackCap_Fan's Avatar
    Best Batting: Their bowler was swinging the ball all over the place, and was fast too, and that's pretty rare at my level. I didn't have a thigh pad(but I had a box, thank the lord) so, I opened (Nevermind the whole thanking the lord thing), and survived, holding together the innings until I got a plumb ball on off stump that I missed. Now, that bowler managed to hit me hard on the thigh 3 times (big bruises), I managed to get ten, but this was in a team innings of around 60.

Best bowling: I bowled the ball, the batsmen did this sweep thing (but he was square on with me, so his left foot [right hander] was pointing at square leg, so his off stump was exposed) and the ball kicked up a bit, and angled outwards. Missed it completely, bowling middle and off.

Yeah.
    Batsman for Cricketweb Blue
    Stats:
    --------M-----I----N.O---Runs---Average---50's--100's--HS
    OD: -62---56----15-----1342----32.73-----10------0-------99 (seriously)
    FC: --40---77-----8------2067----29.96-----12------2-----120

RIP Fardin 1990-2006

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Pitched outside off, pitched again outside leg, took out middle stump.

Think the wicket was a bit dodgy.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Pitched outside off, pitched again outside leg, took out middle stump.

Think the wicket was a bit dodgy.
    Bounced twice?
    Stedders' Supported XI
    Tamim Iqbal, DA Warner, UT Khawaja, CA Lynn, Shakib Al Hasan, AB De Villiers, +BB McCullum, AC Agar, Mashrafe Mortaza, JM Bird, JP Behrendorff.

RIP Fardin. RIP Craigos. RIP Prince.

Pinball Champion!
    I remember rolling a team over for 60 odd, who looked absolutely shocking with the bat..

Turns out they filled their team up with Somerset cricket board tailenders.. Who of course bowled rather sharply..

I didn't know this though, I thought they were just generally rubbish at cricket, judging bu the batting performance, so I walked out in a sunhat, I even forgot my box..

I lasted three balls, the only time I have ever been glad I got out We were bundled out for 38

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James90
    Bounced twice?
    Did I ever claim to be a good bowler?!

Nice signature by the way!

I have a 53* scored in around 45-50 balls in Dunedin second grade cricket, and a 49 scored last season.

I had a good season a few years back when I was trying to get it through like Anil Kumble using my height (I'm about 6 foot). Had one return of 6/21 off ten overs in a limited-overs match and a return of 5/40 and 3/15 in a two-day match.

I took 5/6 off eight overs in a 40-over match last year in Mid Canterbury but the standard wasn't flash.

Hardly had a bowl this season and the batting has been nothing to write home about.

International Debutant cricket player's Avatar
    one down and i went to bat.I did not hit the ball hard i was more ken taking singele's rather then hitting fours my and my best friend put a good partnership of 85 and i was out making 40 runs.

My best ball was one that pitched outside off, the guy left it, and it cut back in and sent middle stump flying back. I went on to take 4/22 of 15 overs. Not bad considering in Juniors that morning i had figures of 0/28 of 4 overs.

Best Shot was when i recieved a full ball on leg stump which i managed too clip over fine leg for 6, just sort of swung at it and connected well. Not so much best shot, but a guy in our team bet me $5 that i couldn't hit a six that day. He never ended up paying me in the end.
    ďAnd God came down from the heavens, and he said unto the chicken, "Thou shalt cross the road."And the chicken crossed the road. And the people rejoiced, all across the land.

Australia's Only FairDinkum News Site - www.xenoxnews.com
    -------------------------------------------------

International Debutant DJellett's Avatar
    BATTING: In a recent nets session, I charged a feisty medium pacer by the name of Chris Morris. I succeded in smashing him over 150 metres and into an adjacent soccer pitch.

BOWLING: In my best ever bowling performance (4/11), my first wicket was a straightening off spinner that I was rather unhappy with a first, so much so that I said an expletive as I bowed the ball. Imagine my surprise when I turned to see the stumps everywhere! A happy result from an unhappy beggining.
    Dylan Hooper-Jellett
    CWCA Chairman

Want to be the next Bradman - of the forum?
    Simmed Cricket. Real Fun.
    CricketWeb Cricket - Sign Up Now

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Melicous? Is that a nasty, yet tasty, comment?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information