• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The FA CUP is only 4 days away

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
I bet a certain Mr Robbins is also happy.
I am pleased, but more so that Reid has gone - should NEVER have appointed him and got rid of a manager who had the side playing good football.

An example of his stupidity is in the Plymouth scorer last night - was awesome at City last season when on loan, but when we signed him, Reid decided not to use him, a right winger, preferring instead to play Morrell (a goal-poacher) on the right wing (as well as McSheffrey another striker) on the left wing.

4 forwards on the pitch meant the midfield was over-run.

Heath comes in, puts McSheffrey up front, plays midfielders in midfield, and we win 3-0.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
Everybody gets a 10/10. The first half we came close to scoring from both Deano and Andy and there must have been three times when it looked (admittedly from 120 yards away) like there was a handball penalty shout, and United never really created much clear-cut.

Second half, especially following Deano firing over from distance and United bringing Scholes, Ronaldo and Smith on, was serious brown trouser time. Jones made an incredible save from Ron, and the number of times Utd shots fell inches wide seriously tested the strength of my **** muscles.

But we did it! Absolutely fantastic - the 9,000 Grecians outsung the home crowd to such an extent it wasn't even close, great repertoire (did the home fans make noise once or twice?) - I've not heard "Shall we sing a song for you" in such heavy use! Also not impressed with United's play-acting, especially Eagles, Djemba and Ron...

See y'all at Saint James' :D
Pah, only one Devon team left in the cup!!! I wasn't expecting it to be you guys!!!

Credit though where its due, you guys were awesome, and the whole of the South West will be behind you in the replay..

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Langeveldt said:
Pah, only one Devon team left in the cup!!! I wasn't expecting it to be you guys!!!

Credit though where its due, you guys were awesome, and the whole of the South West will be behind you in the replay..
The whole of England, I should think.

What's up with the sudden football interest?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Samuel_Vimes said:
The whole of England, I should think.

What's up with the sudden football interest?
Err, have been a Plymouth fan for 6-7 years, but Cricket and surfing have basically eradicated all my Saturday afternoons, so I have only been down a dozen times. I get down more often these days though. (I'm originally from the Plymouth/East cornwall area)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Good for Exeter but not so much in the replay I suspect. It's expected that Fergie will be playing more of his stars for more of the game.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Craig said:
SO does mean I have to change my name to Ronaldo?

I surprised me to see how much Exeter were in debt and gives me an idea how small the club it is and how one game can almost wipe out the debt.

I bet a certain Mr Robbins is also happy.
Unfortunately James has banned name changes, still, I may have to persuade him.

The debt stood at £4.7m in summer 2003 following several years' gross mismanagement and a distinctly over-ambitious stadium reconstruction scheme (that's why half the ground's nice and half is appalling). The Creditors' Voluntary Agreement signed in that October slashed the debt to £750,000 (football creditors get repaid in full, non-football get 10% - it was agreed because the alternative would mean liquidation and the creditors receiving nothing).

That allowed the club a stay of execution, but the CVA stated that the first portion of the CVA debt (to the tune of £450,000) needed repaying by then. Without this, we probably wouldn't have had a club next season. As it stands now with this game - and the replay being LIVE on BBC1 next Wednesday, we're saved.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow, and I'm guaranteed to get one :)

Come on then United, show us what you've got.

Craig

World Traveller
Neil Pickup said:
Unfortunately James has banned name changes, still, I may have to persuade him.

The debt stood at £4.7m in summer 2003 following several years' gross mismanagement and a distinctly over-ambitious stadium reconstruction scheme (that's why half the ground's nice and half is appalling). The Creditors' Voluntary Agreement signed in that October slashed the debt to £750,000 (football creditors get repaid in full, non-football get 10% - it was agreed because the alternative would mean liquidation and the creditors receiving nothing).

That allowed the club a stay of execution, but the CVA stated that the first portion of the CVA debt (to the tune of £450,000) needed repaying by then. Without this, we probably wouldn't have had a club next season. As it stands now with this game - and the replay being LIVE on BBC1 next Wednesday, we're saved.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow, and I'm guaranteed to get one :)

Come on then United, show us what you've got.
Wow what a dream come true for Exeter.

And also Richard said he will be making his first trip to St James' for the FA Cup replay match. Maybe he will come out a 'converted' Exeter fan? :laugh:

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
I am pleased, but more so that Reid has gone - should NEVER have appointed him and got rid of a manager who had the side playing good football.

An example of his stupidity is in the Plymouth scorer last night - was awesome at City last season when on loan, but when we signed him, Reid decided not to use him, a right winger, preferring instead to play Morrell (a goal-poacher) on the right wing (as well as McSheffrey another striker) on the left wing.

4 forwards on the pitch meant the midfield was over-run.

Heath comes in, puts McSheffrey up front, plays midfielders in midfield, and we win 3-0.
So is Heath the caretaker manager?

Out of interest, I know City have a couple of Man Ure youngsters on loan for the rest of the season, should the two clubs meet in the FA Cup will they be able to take part in the match or not?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Wow what a dream come true for Exeter.

And also Richard said he will be making his first trip to St James' for the FA Cup replay match. Maybe he will come out a 'converted' Exeter fan? :laugh:
Meanwhile a true fan misses out on a ticket...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
So is Heath the caretaker manager?

Out of interest, I know City have a couple of Man Ure youngsters on loan for the rest of the season, should the two clubs meet in the FA Cup will they be able to take part in the match or not?
Heath is yes.

Not sure what the ruling is - certainly in the league it's not allowed.

Still, only 1 of them is in the team at the moment, and we're not going to win in the 4th Round anyway!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Meanwhile a true fan misses out on a ticket...
How can you blame him? He supports United after all, and if United came to Chelmsford (as theydid a few years ago) I'd be one of the first to get a ticket.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tom Halsey said:
How can you blame him? He supports United after all, and if United came to Chelmsford (as theydid a few years ago) I'd be one of the first to get a ticket.
And the club gets gate money too which is always important..