• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

psxpro

Banned
The most amazing thing about the highlanders for me has been they have been playing quite attractive rugby in the past few weeks, a lot of offloads etc

psxpro

Banned
Voltman said:
No problems. I couldn't remember if Cricketweb is based in New Zealand or not, but better to be safe than sorry.

I did not realise it was a nz site, so i thought it would be ok to post initials.

Doesn't matter anyway, a big deal has been made of a small issues, the player didn't do anything wrong, most people would have done the same in the situation, its only becasue he is an All Black that people made it a big issue without knowing what happened.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
psxpro said:
I did not realise it was a nz site, so i thought it would be ok to post initials.

Doesn't matter anyway, a big deal has been made of a small issues, the player didn't do anything wrong, most people would have done the same in the situation, its only becasue he is an All Black that people made it a big issue without knowing what happened.
I think he did something wrong, but, as the judge said, it was at the lower end of the scale of offending. I'm happy with the outcome.

psxpro

Banned
Voltman said:
I think he did something wrong, but, as the judge said, it was at the lower end of the scale of offending. I'm happy with the outcome.

He did a thing most people would do, ok maybe went a bit over the top but it certianly wasn't assault or rape.

which is why the judge did not give him any jail time, not becasue he was an All Black. people do little wrong things all the time.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
psxpro said:
So you didn't read all the discussion prior to posting then, as in the reason nobody had posted the name beforehand?!

psxpro

Banned
marc71178 said:
So you didn't read all the discussion prior to posting then, as in the reason nobody had posted the name beforehand?!

I read most of it. I didn't think it was a nz site so I thought peopple didn't know that the supression is only in nz.
And I thought Initials would be fine, doesn't matter anyway, its removed.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Actual Lions 44

BoyBrumby said:
I’m aiming for at least 35/44! :D
****e! 33/44! & Charlie Hodgson?!?! WTF? Mark Cueto & Chris Patterson both v unlucky IMO.

Backs: I Balshaw (England), G Murphy (Ireland), J Robinson (England), G Thomas (Wales), S Williams (Wales), J Lewsey (England), S Horgan (Ireland), D Hickie (Ireland), T Shanklin (Wales), B O'Driscoll (Ireland, capt), G Henson (Wales), O Smith (England), G D'Arcy (Ireland), W Greenwood (England), S Jones (Wales), R O'Gara (Ireland), C Hodgson (England), M Dawson (England), D Peel (Wales), G Cooper (Wales), C Cusiter (Scotland).
Forwards: G Rowntree (England), A Sheridan (England), M Stevens (England), G Jenkins (Wales), J White (England), J Hayes (Ireland), G Bulloch (Scotland), S Thompson (England), A Titterrell (England), S Byrne (Ireland), D Grewcock (England), B Kay (England), M O'Kelly (Ireland), D O'Callaghan (Ireland), P O'Connell (Ireland), M Owen (Wales), R Hill (England), N Back (England), M Williams (Wales), L Moody (England), S Taylor (Scotland), M Corry (England), L Dallaglio (England).

PY

International Coach
Jonny has to prove his fitness to get on the tour which I don't think will happen so guess Charlie Hodgson is the next best thing. Can't see him getting a game though to be honest, there's too much talent in the backline to fit 'em all in and there's people on better form.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I dunno if there's any Sale fans on CW, but if there are I owe your boys a big vote of thanks. :) :thumbs_up :yes:

Northampton Saints (alleged future home of Carlos Spencer, no less!) managed to go down to Worcester 21-19, which would've relegated us but for Sale beating Harlequins 23-22. Far too close by half! :wacko:

Ironically, given his general arseness with the boot for England this year, it was Charlie Hodgson who scored the winning points.

Mark Cueto showed why he should be in The Lions squad by skinning the aging Will Greenwood (who probably shouldn't) for the try under the posts to leave Charles with his kick.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
I see a few thrashings have been happening lately. Just been watching South Africa destroy Uraguay, wasn't impressed that they were taking their tries right up to the opponents, even when they passed the 80 points mark.

cbuts

International Debutant
i couldnt see the nzrfu allowing it. any player from a tier 1 nation need to get nzrfu approval before they may play. first five is just to important of a position to have an import. dont need him anyway.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
^True that. And to play in Australia, you have to be eligible for the Wallabies I think, so Australias out too.

South Africa might let him in. I mean, they still pick Jaco Van der Westhazen or something despite him playing in japan, so SA could be the place for Frederick.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Christian Califano played for the Blues in 2002. There is a strong possibility that he could make it into the Auckland Blues, otherwise his only other option would be South Africa.

cbuts

International Debutant
australia have already said he wont playing there. that situation was a bit different. you had the all black front rows down in the crusaders and highlanders. and neither harbour nor auckland had suitable talent for super 12. i cant see him being allowed, remebr brock james?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Michalak is a bit different to Brock James mind you lol....

Still, Yeah I think his only option is South Africa but I wouldn't rule out the Blues just yet.