• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

archie mac

International Coach
Well, there ya go, unbiased onlooker says it's a try, so it's a try....*raises middle finger to Australia*!!!!
Mate, we will return the favour when we knock you over yet again in the semis of the WC:ph34r:

Anyway I am going to watch some real footy now as the Aussie Rules is about to start:happy:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Good game of test Rugby. Enjoyed it.

ABs will rightly be going to France as favourites and they certainly don't look like they've peaked this year yet, but there are still hints of fallibility.

Fiery

Banned
Good game of test Rugby. Enjoyed it.

ABs will rightly be going to France as favourites and they certainly don't look like they've peaked this year yet, but there are still hints of fallibility.
No doubt Brumby....our mid-field is an absolote shambles...just like the last 2 times....

James

Cricket Web Owner
Great game, and boy what a difference Leonard made when he came on the field. Perhaps he should start in the World Cup?

Nice to see Carter coming back into a bit of form too :)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good game all round, I thought Nigel Owans reffed exceptionally well. Australia faltered in the second half after starting the game well, Gregan and Larkham became less prominent. Good to see Latham back on the paddock.

@ Fiery: Leonard played well, but if we really want to put him under the microscope then he could've set Howlett up in the corner, and was probably lucky not to be ruled off side when he made that intercept, read the play well though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Great game, and boy what a difference Leonard made when he came on the field. Perhaps he should start in the World Cup?

Nice to see Carter coming back into a bit of form too :)
Leonard must be a chance. I've never been totally sold on Kelleher tbh; combative wee fella but not the player Marshall was.

& with Carter it's the old class/form temporary/permanent thing for me. If he was going to have a dip in form it's good to get it out of his system before the WC.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Good to see that those mental scars didn't affect us much!

Anyway, a good game, as I hoped. Australia lost it on penalties - they conceded something like 15 of them during the game (ABs conceded roughly 5). Brendan Leonard continues to impress as he pretty much won the game for us with that intercept. He definately should start the world cup (though Kelleher and Weepu are good).

Again not so good in the midfield. Mortlock again looked dangerous but never really capitalized like he did at the MCG. For us, Mcalister and Toeava seemed to be missing alot of tackles; though alot of them were Mortlock, which speaks for itself.

ABs ball handling has improved, which is good to see - especially considering the conditions. Dan Carter was solid too, only missing 2 kicks iirc, and they were difficult ones. I was pretty impressed with the Ref too. Let the game flow nicely, but called it pretty well when things went awry (e.g Fat Dunnings in the scrum).

World Cup looks good for the All Blacks at the moment. However, we have to get rid of our habit of losing in the Semis, and also we have to watch out for South Africa, who I reckon are 2nd favourites.

Fiery

Banned
Don't see what's so surprising about that, but anyway. Was only glancing over every few minutes. So much sport on tonight. 2 AFL games, 3 NRL, 1 Rugby test and Aus. vs. Japan in the Football. (Y)
Dunno, hadn't ever heard you comment on it and know you're into AFL and league, I suppose

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Australia played better than NZ in the first half, largely because of our line-out... I'm not sure how we managed to resurrect our line-out in the second half, but it helped us win the Test. NZ played better wet weather rugby -- the pick and go strategy paid off. The Aussies did a good job of handling the ball, but apart from a few slipped tackles, they had no go forward. We destroyed them at scrum time, too. I love how we let them set a few times before killing them... That's why scrums are important, because Test matches are won up front. I just wish NZ could find touch.

The ref was really, really good (apart from two shockers -- Mortlock's head high and the Aussie knock on when we were on attack.)

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Bath are havng a cracking start to the English season! They've won 4 out of 5 so far, the latest of which was 25-10 over Quins. Yay :D

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Brad Thorn returns to the senior code

League now a "steaming pile of horse manure" claims ex-Bronco. Linky.

Not really. He is going back to the Crusaders tho. Time to chose a code & stick to it, eh, Brad?

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Another win for Bath, this time over Leicester in the EDF Cup :D Last week they beat Newcastle, so are now 2nd & only 1 point behind Gloucester in the premiership. And all this with a chunk of the squad playing in France :cool: