• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
nah his time has well and truly come and gone, I would rather not see him anywhere near the world title unless he can get back in shape.

on another note I see Chavo is the new ECW champ thanks to the assist from Edge, not sure how this will now pan out, but as it is pretty much a mickey mouse championship its not like it matters at all, mind you hardly any of the titles carry much significance these days.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
if he won the rumble it would be a genuine mark out moment, would love it, but I bet that wont happen, if he was in with a chance of winning then he would have been given waay more air time than just appearing on ECW and a few appearances on smackdown, his push would have begun already. I expect more likely we will see Punk vs Chavo at the royal rumble, Punk needless to say would job.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
london should return from his injury soon enough, and brian kendrick is just used as a jobber these days, be better off sending them back to smackdown really, never going to make waves on RAW.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I was surprised to hit WWE.com this morning and find out that Punk had lost his title. I thought we were gonna see a rematch at the Rumble and then he'd lose his title. He'll probably get a rematch soon enough, ECW next week maybe - would love to see him in a Ladder Match, he should have had one against Morrison but it never happened.

The mark in me is disappointed he's no longer got the belt, but the great thing to come out of this is that firstly, he'll be in the Rumble and might get pushed by going a long way, and secondly, The Edgeheads/The Guerrero Family (this stable really needs a better name) are gradually turning into a SmackDown!/ECW version of Evolution. Surely won't be long before The Edgeheads hold the tag belts, and then we'll be really in business.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
hmm theres something about this edge faction that doesnt sit right with me, bunch of decent guys, and decent mic workers in chavo and edge....but its not quite right somehow.....interesting actually to think there havent been any real face factions since DX turned heel around late 1999 iirc. Will be interested to see how this pans out, but hmm....

another thing, LOL at the new ECW HD set, its about as far removed from the original ECW imaginable, piss poor imo.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
hmm theres something about this edge faction that doesnt sit right with me, bunch of decent guys, and decent mic workers in chavo and edge....but its not quite right somehow.....interesting actually to think there havent been any real face factions since DX turned heel around late 1999 iirc. Will be interested to see how this pans out, but hmm....

another thing, LOL at the new ECW HD set, its about as far removed from the original ECW imaginable, piss poor imo.
I think the problem with face factions is that people will always compare them to DX. Plus, you need an extremely charismatic and likeable leader, whereas with a heel faction it's fairly straightforward for the leader to just be a bit of a bastard.

Sometime in the future I can see John Cena leading a faction - probably heel given his unpopularity. They could call it the Chain Gang or something. Incidentally, check this out:

http://www.skysports.com/video/0,20285,12606_3071586,00.html

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
i'll check the vid when I get home, best not risk it at work lol.

Cena leading any sort of faction would do me ok lol, works the mic well, ok wrestler, can take the bumps and various stunts etc... Actually looking forward to Cena's return tbh, reignite the Y2J feud.

another thing that gets on my nerves these days is the overuse of pyrotechnics, the way jeff hardy gets it, and Y2J now has loads more than he used to when he comes out, i'm sure when jericho used to come out his pyro was bigger as well, huge explosion rather than the puffs of sparks we get now.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I don't have much of an issue with pyro TBH, it always makes a guy's entrance more impressive and adds to the spectacle of things. It's kinda like entrance music - you don't really notice it, but if a guy has good entrance music he's much more likely to get over, and I think pyro works the same way, subconsciously. Seeing as one of WWE's major problems these days is having to fill half of each show with guys who are only half-over with the crowd, I've no problem with them trying to get guys over any way they can.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
hmm fair point, its just the way that the pyro itself, doesnt seem to be as impressive as the pyro they used about 4 years ago for some reason. The explosions seem smaller

Barney Rubble

International Coach
hmm fair point, its just the way that the pyro itself, doesnt seem to be as impressive as the pyro they used about 4 years ago for some reason. The explosions seem smaller
Oh, now I get what you mean. Yeah, I agree with that.

Incidentally, I'm watching some of the most recent edition of TNA Impact now, and I'm intrigued. Some of it is great - the in-ring work from some guys is brilliant, and their main-event scene is packed with great mic workers.

However, some of it is just downright ridiculous. Having Dustin Rhodes portray a man suffering from MPD (a serious affliction they've managed to treat like a complete joke) is just ridiculous, and Shark Boy (whose gimmick is bad enough as it is) is fast becoming a walking dig at WWE. His current angle is that he's been so badly injured in recent weeks that he's on his deathbed - apparently this is supposed to be a dig at all the WWE injuries this past year, but you wouldn't know it 'cause it's not funny.

They've had skits showing him on his deathbed all through this episode with people visiting him, and everyone cracking dire jokes about fish - then for some reason a minute ago he woke up from his comatose state and spoke for what apparently was the first time, and the first thing he said was an impression of Stone Cold, complete with the ending "...and that's the bottom line, because Shark Boy said so!". What purpose does that serve?

You'd have thought by now that rival companies to the WWE would have learned that continually taking shots at the WWE gets you nowhere. WCW and ECW did it a lot, and now they're dead. TNA will die too if they don't start concentrating on their own product.

Majin

International Debutant
TBF, ECW took far more shots at WCW than it ever did at the WWE. In fact they did that cross over with the WWE where Jerry Lawler invaded ECW and all that.

On Shark Boy, never really understood why he ever got over in the first place tbh. Except when he teams with Norman Smiley, but that's not saying much 'cause Screamin' Norman Smiley is a god damn badass and even Snitsky could get over if he worked with Screamin' Norman. Yeah, I said it!

But anyway, WCW/WWE was a much more professional rivalry imho, they were rivals and pretty much equal, altough WCW lead for a long time. The thing about TNA is that a lot of the fans are the idiots who denounce everything WWE ever does as **** and constantly whinge, moan and put little ranting tirades on youtube thinking they are the ultimate wrestling fan, and the company is pandering to those idiots. Thankfully pretty much all of us here on CW are just fans of good wrestling and can appreciate it wherever it is but you go on any wrestling forum and the place is full of the failures. They would just be much better off if they pushed their own quality talent and focused on making them look like gods rather than trying to make WWE look stupid and wasting airtime on it.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
TBF, ECW took far more shots at WCW than it ever did at the WWE. In fact they did that cross over with the WWE where Jerry Lawler invaded ECW and all that.

On Shark Boy, never really understood why he ever got over in the first place tbh. Except when he teams with Norman Smiley, but that's not saying much 'cause Screamin' Norman Smiley is a god damn badass and even Snitsky could get over if he worked with Screamin' Norman. Yeah, I said it!

But anyway, WCW/WWE was a much more professional rivalry imho, they were rivals and pretty much equal, altough WCW lead for a long time. The thing about TNA is that a lot of the fans are the idiots who denounce everything WWE ever does as **** and constantly whinge, moan and put little ranting tirades on youtube thinking they are the ultimate wrestling fan, and the company is pandering to those idiots. Thankfully pretty much all of us here on CW are just fans of good wrestling and can appreciate it wherever it is but you go on any wrestling forum and the place is full of the failures. They would just be much better off if they pushed their own quality talent and focused on making them look like gods rather than trying to make WWE look stupid and wasting airtime on it.
Exactly. I don't understand why they don't realise that a company that's got talent of the likes of Angle, Booker T, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Christian Cage, The Motor City Machine Guns, Robert Roode and Sonjay Dutt doesn't need to differentiate itself. Given time and exposure, all those guys could be genuine stars if they're not already. But yet Jarrett can't get over the fact that the WWE never rated him, so he and countless other has-beens insist on putting down WWE as much as possible. TNA could go one of two ways from here - either it'll fold in three years and we'll see Samoa Joe, Christian and AJ Styles plying their trade in WWE, or it'll compete and we'll get to see another golden age like we did when WCW peaked. I hope it's the latter.

Majin

International Debutant
Dunno, gotta say I would love to see Samoa Joe make HHH tap :D Hell, even just pick up the Joe/Punk rivalry would be god damn awesome. But yeah they need to stick around, it is ultimately better for the business if there is a strong promotion to rival the WWE. Wouldn't mind at all if they lost the 6 sided ring but probably not going to happen.

Also, looks like Cena managed to put the ****s up Arsenal :D

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Dunno, gotta say I would love to see Samoa Joe make HHH tap :D Hell, even just pick up the Joe/Punk rivalry would be god damn awesome. But yeah they need to stick around, it is ultimately better for the business if there is a strong promotion to rival the WWE. Wouldn't mind at all if they lost the 6 sided ring but probably not going to happen.

Also, looks like Cena managed to put the ****s up Arsenal :D
Haha, yeah. Loved the fact they had Gerry Francis there going "uh, yeah John, gotta get that title back".

And yeah, admittedly as good for the business as it is to have competition for WWE, I'd mark out big time for Samoa Joe, or for a Christian return.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Surprising news coming out of WWE today, apparently due to his unhappiness with the way he's been treated during his injury and about the treatment of his girlfriend, the now-released Kristal Marshall, Bobby Lashley has come to terms on his release from WWE.

Sad to see him go really, was pushed too fast but I always thought he had potential. It remains to be seen whether TNA is an option for him now, as he is apparently interested in a career in MMA.

Majin

International Debutant
Pretty random, but I'm not too bothered really, I never really rated him much. Just seemed like another WWE power man and they have too many of those already. Although, that through the cage wall destruction of Umaga was the most awesome thing

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Pretty random, but I'm not too bothered really, I never really rated him much. Just seemed like another WWE power man and they have too many of those already. Although, that through the cage wall destruction of Umaga was the most awesome thing
Yeah, that was brilliant. His match on the Draft edition of Raw against He-Who-Never-Existed showed some potential as a mat wrestler, I thought, which isn't surprising given his amateur past - I always thought if they marketed him somehow other than as a straight-up powerhouse he might have gotten over better, and done better in the ring. Look at Scott Steiner - dire he might be, but over he remains, no matter where he goes, thanks to his whole "Big Poppa Pump" thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.